Thread: Word 2007 unable to open with Windows XP

Word 2007 unable to open with Windows XP

I am using Windows XP and I have problem with word document. I am using office 2007 and from beginning it s working fine but some day before my word documents are unable to open in word. I don’t know why because same documents I have used before with word that time it worked fine. And also I didn’t get any error for this. If anybody having idea or solution for this so please let me know because I have to do project on by using that documents.

Re: Word 2007 unable to open with Windows XP

As per my knowledge Microsoft has launched one a compatibility pack .Which is useful to open old version of files and also save it in docx format.This converter not allows to earlier version for new compatibility versions in word 2007. Some people faced this problem because of compatibility problem. When obtainable with the Word 2007 template reference, the converter unable to recognize the format of the document and put in to garbage, if it identify that it is a Word 2007 document, but give you an idea about the user a dialog box which includes garbage.

I think this problem mostly happens because of registry key issue.For deleting Word Data registry key, go through with these steps.
    Close all Office programs.Click on start then run and type regidit and enter.Now put the following registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Office\12.0\Word\Data.Now click on data and the n on export from the file option. Give name to that file Wddata.reg and keep it on desktop.Now select delete from edit option, and click on yes. Now come out from the registry editor. And start word.

There are different reasons for this problem one of this I name or file format.For giving proper name to the file follow these steps.
    Close all office applications. Click on start then run enter cmd and press enter or click on ok. Now enter the following command
    ren %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dotm OldNormal.dotm.Now type exit and click enter. Now try to open word.