Thread: How to make a movie faster or slower in Windows Live Movie Maker

How to make a movie faster or slower in Windows Live Movie Maker

I have some issue with the Windows Live Movie Maker. I am not new to Windows Live Movie Maker because I have already used it earlier and it was working well but on this version, I am not able to get change the speed of the movies faster or slower. It was easy when I was using the other versions. I am sure that this version must have that feature but I don’t know that how can I do that. If you know that how can it be done then please let me know. Thank you!!!

Re: How to make a movie faster or slower in Windows Live Movie Maker

I would like to tell you that the Live Movie Maker do not have that feature. This is the version of the program that is made by considering the beginners. If you want to do that then you can install the Movie Maker. This is not the part of the Live Movie Maker suit but will help you to change the speed of the movie. Click here and this will let you to the page from where you will be able to download Movie Maker 2.6. This is especially for Windows XP users.

Though you may imagine that altering the track by timeline may increase the speed of the video but it just cuts out division of the video. The only possible way increase the speed or decrease the speed of the video is to haul the rate up or slow down video effect with the video effects menu. This is imperfect as well since the rate up can just build it run twice as fast as well as slow down can just make it half as fast. If you desire to build it faster then you can haul one more speed up on the video as well as it will build it twice as fast over again. It is similar for reducing speed.

I am agreeing with sergioKomic. They have not implemented that in this version, May be because it is for the beginners. But this is one of the basic features of any movie maker software. So you should not search for this and accept the fact that is not there in Windows Live Movie Maker. Windows movie maker can do this thing for you. So use this. I hope that on next release they will take care of this basic functionality. Thank you.