Thread: Cannot upgrade to Windows 7 after installing Acrobat reader and Visaul studio 2005

Cannot upgrade to Windows 7 after installing Acrobat reader and Visaul studio 2005

I own a desktop system , my system configuration is consists of an Intel core 2 duo processor , along with it I have got two RAMS chip of 1 GB of DDR RAM , 500 GB as an internal hard drive and an intel chipset mother board, I was having Windows xp operating system , but I was looking for upgrading my system , but I could not do it , I had installed Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.2 , for the programming stuffs I had also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 , any attempt to install Windows 7 gives me an error that states “Error 1606. Could not access network location %APPDATA%\”. Has anyone ever encountered such type of error , if any one has please give me some tips on this I can I have a clean installation for the Windows 7 64 bit version.

Re: Cannot upgrade to Windows 7 after installing Acrobat reader and Visaul studio 2005

Windows 7 Error 1606: Could Not Access Network Location %AppData% I encountered similar sort of issue when too went to upgrade from Windows xp to windows 7 and install it, although I had not installed any software as you had . you will have to just make a few registry changes . Just do it as I have indicated HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders Common AppData %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders Common AppData %ProgramData%. If you find any sort of issue please revert back.

Re: Cannot upgrade to Windows 7 after installing Acrobat reader and Visaul studio 2005

I think you have installed the Acrobat reader and Visual studio in your windows xp operating system and an then you would have attempted to install a the Windows 7 operating system over it. What do mean to say when you say that you are trying to upgrade it , I think you mean to say that you get your windows 7 installed but get the said error whenever you try to install any Windows application such as Office tool.

When you attempt to install or eliminate any one of the products listed in the "Applies To" section in the Microsoft official website , you might get such type of error message that states you do not have access to network location . Well you do not have to worry much about that as this is the most common issue faced by many people and you can refer to the knowledge base article of Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549/en-us. Just click on it and you will get your issue resolved.