Thread: Unable to find Snipping Tool in Windows 7

Unable to find Snipping Tool in Windows 7

As I can say I am Windows 7 users. It is a great OS from Windows I ever had. I think you might have heard about the Snipping tool in this version of OS. Most of you have already used this before but I cannot find it anywhere in my PC and in my version of 7. At the beginning of installation it was pinned to my desktop before. But it disappeared and couldn’t able to find it anywhere either in accessories or in system 32. So I am asking for a help to find this tool in any way.

Re: Unable to find Snipping Tool in Windows 7

The reason behind this is you have unsuccessful to point out that "Tablet PC Optional Components” require to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off” dialog box which is in the left column of the "Programs and Features ", you can find all this in control panel. It is not mandatory to have tablet PC for this tool. Even this choice ought to be checked to facilitate the Snipping Tool. If you turn off this feature you will probably lose the snipping tool.

Go to the start up programs in and see whether this tool is there or not. If not then assume that this tool is only for tablet PC and it will going to show up only when you install Windows 7 in Tablet Pc. For now
    • Click Start> Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs > Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off link. click on Continue button on User Account Control
    • Roll downward the listing of features in Windows Features dialog box
    • Enable check box for Tablet-PC Optional Components to confirm the Snipping Tool.

Usually the Snipping tool located in C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe. if you are not able to enable it in control panel then directly go to this location and launch it there and see what will you get. If this file unable to open then assumes that the file has been corrupted. So run the Windows update for this issue. It may be possible that the update will able to replace the corrupted file with a new file. Also run the sfc /scannow command in command prompt for fixing any kind of errors and corrupts in file.