Thread: Outlook Import unable to recognize .mbox files

Outlook Import unable to recognize .mbox files

I am touching as of Outlook Express on a computer to Outlook 2011 on my fresh Mac. I utilized a 3rd-party function on the computer to change my Outlook Express mail to .mbox files and imitative those on the way to my Mac desktop. subsequent the Import commands in Outlook I surf to the suitable folder, however the .mbox files are each grayed out, and all I be able to carry out is stop; Outlook won't bring in. Apple's Mail app force to bring in these .mbox files, but though I would wish not to have on the way to utilize Apple Mail as a go-between any implication? Is Outlook expecting a number of exacting folder association on the way to person’s .mbox files that it's not considering otherwise, are here other proposal intended for how to bring in email as of PC's OE6?

Re: Outlook Import unable to recognize .mbox files

For the solution you need to do the following things which I’m suggesting here:
    • For this you need to go to the file menu from the page and then proceed to the import.
    • After this select the “contact or message from the text file”.
    • After this proceed to the “Import messages from an MBOX-format text file” and then you will be able to get the solution.

Today I establish a Windows PC at the workplace by means of a total MS Office suite, counting the complete Outlook product. I transport my Outlook Express .dbx files in excess of on the way to that computer, fired up up Outlook, introduce the Outlook Express files, and after that transport the resulting .pst file toward my Mac. Logically, Outlook resting on the Mac was cheerful to bring in the email as of the .pst file. As a result I'm in trade. Don't be familiar with how many others by means of the .mbox import trouble can avail themselves of this resolution; however it is single so as to works.

I have my emails from Outlook on O2M exported and stored as mbox files on the external HD. I prefer the folder now and the desk, or open it to ex emien on the Mac. HD, I see where all the mailboxes normally highlighted in black as a single mbox files. Open mail and now I want to import that folder as the mailbox, opens a window through which I can select the folder that is to be imported. I choose the folder now, though, the mbox files appears, but in light gray and Mail says there are no mbox files in the folder? Can you help me there, or know what is going on there?

Hello, I'm using Thunderbird 3.0.4 with the extension MboxImport 2.3.2.1 I would like to import into Thunderbird mbox file that I got on my PC (since Free Webmail). When I stand on the account that I am interested in TH, and I want to import this file Mbox, I get the following error: "Cannot import this file, IMAP or newsgroup).” Now the account is defined as a mail account (using the POP server free, i.e. pop.free.fr). Any ideas?