Thread: Problem connect Mac Outlook 2011 with Exchange server via HTTP

Problem connect Mac Outlook 2011 with Exchange server via HTTP

How do I connect Mac Outlook 2011 to an HTTP Exchange server utilizing System Preferences- Network Proxy settings, and at the similar time browse the web getting to any website I akin to. At present, if I utilize the Proxy settings like this, it means that Mac Outlook 2011 works great. But, it means I cannot surf the internet. What do I perform? Cannot believe there is not a graceful answer. Many people have the similar trouble as this because they are utilizing hosted Exchange solutions. I Am on Exchange Server 2007 with 1 and 1. I am having a trouble many others are having.

Re: Problem connect Mac Outlook 2011 with Exchange server via HTTP

A proxy's intention is to fix your company network to the Internet. Inserting a proxy server address to your Network settings will not cut off you from the Internet except you have the incorrect proxy settings. If you are utilizing a hosted Exchange solution in that case you are accessing the Internet to acquire to it. Your browser, assuming you are by means of Safari, should work also. Other browsers for example Firefox may have their personal proxy settings which must be situate separately within the applications preferences. Hope this helps!

I have fixed the trouble with a few help from a helpful Microsoft person. I just was entering the incorrect thing in the server address box in Mac Outlook 2011. In its place of putting what the Exchange server hosted solution provider recommended for previous editions of Outlook, I merely typed web address I utilize to access my email through Outlook Web Access (OWA). It worked wonderfully first time. I would get without cause confused by the entire Exchange hosting provider's documentation for other editions, it is 1 and 1 and they don't presently support Mac Outlook 2011.

Has anyone managed to connect Outlook 2011 to an exchange directory up till now? I have been annoying through the majority of today and had no joy. Running Office 2011 on Mac Leopard 10.5.8 and annoying to connect to Exchange 2003. I have a feeling it is because we are not running exchange 2007 but I could be extremely incorrect?

Hi all. The problem is that the proxy in system pref is blocking the Outlook web access that Outlook 2011 uses to connect to exchange. Excluding the mail server from the proxy also doesn't work. For some reason when you type "*" in the exclusion all works fine. Safari connects trough proxy and Outlook bypasses the proxy. Let me know if it worked for you as it worked for me.

My post is only if you use exchange 2007 or later...