Thread: How to install Office 2011 update on MacBookPro

How to install Office 2011 update on MacBookPro

Recently I have switched to office 2011 in my MacPro. Right now I got the first update for this suite. There was no problem while installing those updates. Everything works fine with the new program. But when after installing the same office suite on my MacbookPro and updating it I got some issue. I downloaded the updates properly and tried to install it. But it shows some error message telling me that “a edition of the software which is requisite for installing the update is not originate on this volume".... I have updated the Mac os X also but couldn’t able to update the Office 2011. There was no problem occurred while updating other software. It is about the lone itself. Can anybody tell me the solution to resolve this problem?

Re: How to install Office 2011 update on MacBookPro

After the installation of any kind of software or package you need to restart your computer so that it can automatically perform some default settings according to the version of OS. It might be feasible the Finder is not revising the Desktop Database and as a result the Finder is not screening the suitable version. Try to update this software or install the downloaded update after several days or several times of restart. If you are trying to update any software immediately after the fresh installation it will probably going to fail.

If you cannot be able to update the office via direct method then use command line or terminal window.
    • Login as an Administrator.
    • Launch the terminal Windows in Mac.
    • Now type "sudo installer -pkg "
    • making certain to put down a trailing space.
    • Drag the update file or package into the center of the Terminal window. By doing this it will pack out the complete path to the installer. This looks like:

"sudo installer -pkg /Users/admin/Desktop/Office\ 2011\ 12.1.5\Update.mpkg"
    • Now put a space at the finish of the row and then insert "-target /".
    • Now hit return key, and if required entre the administrator's password

I hope that this method will be going to start the installation.

Most of the failures occur while updating or installing the update files due to some modified files and some user changes. You need to verify your file before update. Otherwise it may be possible that if you have downloaded the wrong file which is not compatible for office 2011 for Mac. Also check the source folder permission option for both office 2011 and for the update file. Otherwise it may be possible that the Users personalized their soundsets might reason office 2011 not to renew. For all this reason you might need to reinstall the office or restart the system several times.

The auto update is somewhat like a bug or cause in office 2011 or Mac which will not properly update the software. So I think you should find some manual method to accomplish this. If same update file already existed in Mac or in same folder then it is not possible for auto update. Bring the update file to desktop and try update it from terminal window.