Thread: Microsoft Office 2010 costing too much, is it ok?

Microsoft Office 2010 costing too much, is it ok?

I have bought computer before one year ago and it have operating system Windows XP and I am still using Microsoft office 2007 but as per my requirement of work I want to upgrade it with new Microsoft Office 2010. I want to know it’s compatible with Windows XP or not? And also suggest me which operating system is best for office 10. Are there any limitations or additional requirement of software or hard ware in office 10 then tell me. And I want to know is Microsoft Office 2010 value for money? If yes then give me some feature and benefits of this.

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 costing too much, is it ok?

As per my knowledge Microsoft Office 2010 is compatible with all windows operating systems but still you want the best operating system then get Windows 7 bit 64. I have seen the many differences in new outlook; it has ribbon now, if you are using more email handling then its best for you. Outlook also includes IMO. You can save you time by threaded conversation option. It reduces the use of mouse like clicking and scrolling. Windows live mail option also threaded for better utilization. Other office applications like word excel and PowerPoint are improved.

I think office 10 is defiantly better than office 7 but if you thinking it are too costly then there are three different options of the office from which you can choose better one for your usage.
    • If you are student and need to do projects then you can buy Office Home and Student 2010. In this you can get.PowerPoint 2010, Excel 2010, Word 2010 and OneNote 2010.Its cost is Rs. 2.999/-.
    • If you need to do project as well as email processing then you can go with Office Home and Business 2010. It includes Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, OneNote 2010 and Outlook 2010.Its cost is Rs. 9.990/-.
    • If you r usage are of different types which includes school or college project as well as office work like email processing then you can go with Office Professional 2010. It includes all applications which it has like Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Publisher and Outlook. Its cost is Rs 24,890.00/-.

As I experienced in office 10 its having some disadvantages like , if you are using windows 7 bit 64 then Graphics rendering doesn’t have support of MMX. This technology is used for boost up communications and multimedia software by running data processing fundamentals in parallel. Another thing is that in office 10 with windows 7 with both 32bit and 64 bit files of Microsoft access ACCDE, MDE and ADE are not included so it cannot be moved from one edition to another. Otherwise as performing office and email preceding it’s far better than Office 7.

I definitely recommended you to go with Microsoft Office 2010 even its costing more from you. Because some key feature of this make your money worth. That is: Its best use in office works because it has facility to use by multiple people on same file at same time.It can save your money and time by using one click communication technology. In this no need of switching applications for sharing documents within PowerPoint, Excel and Word.In this outlook is well improved, it help you to hold up your email processing.It keeps you up date with mail tips, management tools and calendar previews. It has functionality to protect your inbox mail from virus and spyware attacks.It is having rapid access to some functions like printing, scanning, sharing and saving documents.

If you are going with the office 10 then it’s more beneficial for you. Because its have some benefits for you such as.It has OneNote application. You can use it for maintain daily trade figures you can make notes which you can keep on your screen and you can move that notes in different applications. You can use it as multitasking application. Office has content great content in PowerPoint 2010 it has great commands on audio, video and animation abilities. You can add more advanced functions in your power point presentation to make more effective.It has SharePoint work space application which enables every one to work and take data from SharePoint sites in offline mode so you no need to relay on internet connection. It gives you flexibility to work at any conditions.