Thread: Cannot transfer data from Windows XP to Windows 7 & using Windows Easy Transfer

Cannot transfer data from Windows XP to Windows 7 & using Windows Easy Transfer

I have the Windows 7 on my new system and I was having the Windows XP on the older system of mine and now the thing here is that I want to have all the data that is there on the older system of mine to my new system. Well I tried hard but I cannot have the transfer done easily. I want to have the personal files, e-mail etc on this new system and will be really happy if you all can tell me the way for this. My colleague suggested me to use the Windows Easy Transfer but it also did not work in my favor. Can you have some alternative for this? Will be really happy to have the suggestion on this. I have seen that when I try for the transfer the Transfer Window just gets hanged without any progress.

re: Cannot transfer data from Windows XP to Windows 7 & using Windows Easy Transfer

You have mentioned that you are using the Windows Easy Transfer but you did not tell the exact thing that you are making use of here. What is the thing that you are actually using is it Windows Easy Transfer for the XP PC from the internet or is it like Windows 7 PC creating program for the Windows XP? Well if you are using the first one then let me tell you that it has some of the bugs and is really not working that fine but if you are with the second option then let me tell you that you will be able to get it of that. I have seen that the second one is lot better and is known for solving the issues that are related to the NETWORK. Please while making the transfer using this make sure that you have disabled all the security features here.

re: Cannot transfer data from Windows XP to Windows 7 & using Windows Easy Transfer

Please before proceeding with the transfer make sure that you have the drivers for the Windows Easy Transfer installed on both the system of yours. It seems to me looking at the scenario that it is the issue that is related to the DRIVERS and hence I have suggested you to with this. Try to install the Drivers from the CD that came along with the Cables and just give this a try one more time and let me know if that really helped you here. Also when you are performing the transfer on the network then I think that it will be great if you can have the Security Features that are there on the system disabled as I think that it will really help you with the transfer here. Give this a go and let me know if you were able to make the transfer this time.

Make use of the Easy Transfer Cable as I am of the opinion that can assist you in the transfer of the data that you actually want to have here. The cable that I am talking about is an extraordinary USB cable it is designed in such a manner so that it can work with the Windows Vista or Windows 7 and Windows Easy Transfer. You will be required to install the drivers on the Windows XP system of yours and then you will be required to connect both the system using this cable. After you establish the connection then you will be able to see Windows Easy Transfer getting launched. Well I think that you were missing on this step. Please try this and I am sure that you will be able to have the transfer in your case seamlessly.

Re: Cannot transfer data from Windows XP to Windows 7 & using Windows Easy Transfer

You have really missed on some vita information and let me tell you that it is not the Windows 7 that you can make use of here and I think that it will be great if you can make use of something else. AS I have been on the official site of the Windows Easy Transfer and I have found that the cable i.e. Easy Transfer Cable is really going to work if the operating systems that are used are the Windows Vista and the Windows XP and if it is something other than this then it is not going to work at all. These were the word that I came across there and hence I would like you to make use of some other alternative here and see if that can really help you with the situation of yours here. Please let me know what you used.