Thread: Best RAM stress test

Best RAM stress test

I have recently installed the new brand Crucial Ballistix RAM on my Windows 7 machine and I want to check the capability of this ram by using any good stress test software. Actually I am having BSOD problem on this machine when I swap a few gigabytes between hard drives. I have heard about the SP2004 but I don't think this would be best software to test the new ram on old windows machine.

Re: Best RAM stress test

I suggest you to use the Stress Prime as I am using the same software on it. It is a tool to components such as CPU, memory and cache (and thus at the same CPU and case cooling) on Windows 2000/XP intensive tests to test some stress by. Especially for overclockers, this test is the measure of things. Not for nothing, there is the saying "my PC is running Prime stable".

I recommend for using the memtest86 to test the RAM. It starts to boot directly from the computer, and therefore gives results totally independent of the operating system. You must use this software as soon as we see malfunctions can be attributed to the RAM: freeze (when nothing moves on the screen), spontaneous reboots without closing Windows, blue screens, and sometimes when assumptions are no longer enough software to explain a failure. This is a small program to download and install on a floppy disk or CD-ROM depending on the version, and launched at computer startup. There was no difference in results between versions diskette and CD-ROM, but both are useful, since some older PCs are not equipped with CD-Rom or can not boot from it, and conversely , PCs are not very new floppy drive, obsolete for transfers of files from the advent of DVD recorders and memory sticks.

Memtest is a very useful utility, it can test the state of memory modules (RAM) installed on your system. In fact the RAM is a necessary component of a PC, it is used continuously by the operating system and programs in use. In these circumstances it is therefore difficult to test the state of its RAM sticks. Memtest addresses this problem: it is a utilitarian, and self-bootable. That is, Memtest will be installed on a floppy disk or CD on which the PC will boot at startup in order to achieve a comprehensive test of the RAM installed. Do not hesitate to use memtest86 if your system unstable, "freeze," re-boot and other problems that may be the result of faulty RAM.

Windows Memory Diagnostic is a tool for testing the memory (RAM) of a computer in order to determine the error caused by particular software. Just create a floppy disk or CD-ROM with installation program, then start the machine on one of two brackets for the examination begins. The tests are performed in a loop until interrupted by the user. Through configuration options, you can export the diagnosis and schedule the various tests. The test is quick and simple to use interface gives you the choice between standard and extended tests, displays the number of passes and errors if any, clearly. A try, worth two diagnoses sometimes better than one.

Memtest86 is the ultimate program to diagnose their memory modules. Some instabilities of the system may come from a faulty memory card or memory timing set incorrectly in the BIOS. Memtest, which boot from a floppy disk, will perform a series of loopback tests to thoroughly test your memory. After unzipping the archive, click on install.bat to create the boot disk. The best test of its kind with his little brother Memtest86 +