Thread: How to hide sync issues folder

How to hide sync issues folder

I have a question about Outlook 2003. A user has a Exchange mailbox and an additional POP3 email account. Storage for the e-mail account is a local PST file. The emails were not run over the Exchange server as the host of this on a slow Connection is bound. Question: Can I hide the Exchange mailbox from the folder list or how to hide sync issues folder? The connection to the Exchange server is used exclusively to provide different public folders. The Exchange mailbox itself is unnecessary and confusing in the display. Is there anyone who can provide solution for the problem I am facing?

Re: How to hide sync issues folder

I am also facing similar kind of problem; I work as a system administrator in an Exchange 2003 and DC 2003 environment. The email client is Outlook 2003. It is here at my company a rather complex process which relates to receiving emails. The details are unimportant in this context, because of this, to my question. Is it possible to hide a sub-folder of a mailbox in front of the owner thereof, or to block? To clarify: User xyz a mailbox and create it as a subfolder test he then hide from themselves, or block is like. I cannot help workarounds regarding representation, etc., as an internal tool and therefore also access the User xyz must be logged in to their mailbox. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Here is the procedure that we follow in our company. I am not sure that this will solve the problem but can provide turn around related to the problem. With us, each email will have doubled from the outside before the Exchange and once sent to a mail room in the house and even to the actual recipient. The department reads the e-mails by (private use of the account is strictly forbidden!), and shall then continue again, and throws out any operation. Please keep in mind that these are for the Exchange 2 separate e-mails! Now there is only one problem that the emails are sent to the personnel office with confidential information from candidates to the post office which so far as nothing. Not a problem one might think. You create a server-based rule that emails that were sent to the account application at the post office will be deleted immediately upon receipt. This works, however, has a pretty big flaw. For if a read receipt was requested, then by the system after applying the rule sent an automatic message that the email was deleted or it is unread. So you will require setting up a sub-folder in the mailbox of the mail room to which only the Exchange Admin has access to move all emails to the application account to that folder. Problem that you will face are as f that you will face are as follow: You cannot recognize the duplication of emails. I have not set up this system and was warned against playing around with it. It must have been quite a tinkering, which set up correctly and I want to take any risks. On this account the post office also takes on an internally developed tool, which also does a few things. Therefore, employees must log in to the post office with the post office account and cannot embed this mailbox in addition to their own.

It will works by MfcMapi.exe, and it is there at Microsoft for download. The attribute on the folder called PR_ATTR_HIDDEN. This is purely set Bolean click a value, and twice the chop. After a restart Outlook, this folder is no longer visible, but still present, at least in MFCMAPI.Another solution would be the complete shutdown of the read receipt for the Exchange. This one could turn off the error message that is but rather "reluctantly" accepted by the management. I hope that you will get the solution for the problem that you are facing; if the problem still persists then you will have to give me more detailed information related to your problem.