Thread: Photoshop CS - How to integrate graphics with Macromedia Flash

Photoshop CS - How to integrate graphics with Macromedia Flash

I am learning Web Graphics in Photoshop CS for a time being. Now at a point I came and stuck, I am not able to integrate the graphics that has been created in Photoshop CS with Macromedia Flash. Since, I am not having much idea about it, I thought to ask you guys. Also I have not done any specific course on it. So no guidance for me . Please help me by explaining how to integrate graphics with Macromedia Flash in Photoshop CS. I am sure that someone from your side must be knowing about it, and hoping some help soon. Since, I am not expert in this application, any other information related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: Photoshop CS - How to integrate graphics with Macromedia Flash

Integrating the work done with Photoshop and ImageReady with a dedicated software such as Macromedia Flash animation mostly, it requires a further phase of optimization and some things you will not be unknown to those who work for the Web with this application:
    1. JPEG images are never saved in JPEG Progressive; are not compatible with Flash and other similar programs.
    2. in determining the start and end position of a symbol, in a motion (motion tween) or a function that will move it from place to place, define integer coordinates in the Property inspector window.
    3. not optimize too, albeit correct, raster images to be imported into the library, if you want to use a publication further compression during the movie. "swf" through the Publish Settings (File menu).

The layout can be imported into Flash and as a whole picture, either as isolated layout. In the second scenario it is clear that we must "rebuild" or reconstruct all the images into one as the division is dictated by other requirements of use. So Flash is unnecessary for the layout is imported as a picture divided, not having the need to be structured in tables or CSS. Instead, a correct choice to use Actionscript to dynamically load the text content and not. The further optimization step is to recreate all the elements in Flash that can be produced in vector, rather than using raster images generated by ImageReady. To be reproduced in vector images with spot colors or backgrounds of the radial or linear gradients.

With the vector of Flash, you can save a lot on the size of the movie, and also improve the final result in terms of aesthetics by avoiding the typical loss of resolution that can be a raster image during the interpolation. If the imported raster images are not very suitable to be converted to vector, a good technique in Flash is to place them on a level that then get stuck, and "trace" with the drawing tools on a higher level. When completed, we can remove the raster image layer and the latter from the library. The same process is also applicable to certain types of photographs, especially if high-contrast, which may have large expanses of flat colors or shades that are readily reproducible.

Any project involving the delivery or presentation of information, textual or visual, must be organized according to a precise layout. In particular, we call the layout structure (graphic) and / or spaces in which are entered and distributed content, in this case a site. Designing a layout is a task that requires first an analysis of the quantity, the kind of content and will undergo transformation over time. We can begin quantifying the relationship between the spaces dedicated to those dedicated to pictures and text or other content. Then distribute the material on a first draft layout, deciding "how much space" assigned to each type. Are therefore essential for this purpose three operations prior to carrying out the final layout of the graphics:
    • classification and organization of the types of content and other information
    • design a first layout (it is advisable to sample sketches on paper)
    • distribute the contents previously classified in the prototype layout
    The last operation, in particular, allows us to verify if the hypothesis of layout is suitable or not for our needs. Start directly with the graphic design in a digital layout is almost always a false step because it allows a correct evaluation of the spaces, especially if we are going to create the layout for a dynamic site, subject to continuous adjustments to content extracted from bases data.

To simplify the work we can make use of some important measures:
    • Leave the structure of the layout always divided into levels. It helps to have absolute control over every single element, avoiding other parts of the layout may be involved. It is always advisable to secure the levels that we are not using to reduce the probability of error. To lock a layer, simply click on the checkbox with a padlock.
    • Align elements using guides and delimited. Useful guides for more precision in aligning the objects and spaces to define the layout. In addition, switching to ImageReady, the guides positioned with Photoshop remain in their positions help us to delimit the sections. If we want to attach a layer to a guide, remember to have first selected in the Layers dialog (F7 on your keyboard).
    • Check the side effects of blending options. Often, the options of fusion levels and in particular the bevel emboss, we get side effects. Sometimes images and and the exaggerated emphasis shows that, on the edges of the layer, with the option Emboss creates real angles and repetitions significant perpendicular to the direction desired. This becomes a problem if we choose to split the layout in small images to be used as background levels and tables by exploiting the properties of repetition. The solution to this problem would ultimately be to avoid blending options such as bevel emboss, or, once completed the authoring of the layout, merge all layers (ctrl + shift + E) and touch up the "junk". Usually this solution is more appropriate, as these practical functions and fast in getting certain effects.