Thread: Troubleshooting print screen key problem

Troubleshooting print screen key problem

I was using Linux i.e. Ubuntu operating system installed on my desktop. Due to virus attack I had to format my system and installed a new operating system i.e. windows 7 on it. I have also downloaded and installed latest driver from my hardware system. When I try to use the print screen key from the keyboard to take screen shot my system freezes and I need to restart the system. Restarting the system doesn’t resolve the problem. I need a solution so that I can resolve from this problem. Also give some of the software which we can use to take the screen shots.

Re: Troubleshooting print screen key problem

Some times while taking the snapshot of the documents in windows 7 operating system it freezes the system. When the system freezes due to print screen then the keyboard entries might be not be mapping properly. In order to solve the freezing problem you need to restart the system. Restarting the system will restore the system functionality again.

If you are having problem with print screen key then you can make F lock key to disable it. Microsoft has introduced F lock key through which you can perform an alternate application to the function keys. If the F lock key is turned on then the print screen key will be disabled. You can enable the print screen key by turning off the F lock key.

Whenever you find that the print screen key on the keyboard is not working properly then in that case you can make use of “Fn” key. Suppose you are using the laptop and you want to take screen layout then in that case you can make use of “Fn” and the pint screen key to take the screen layout. The function key is located between control key and Windows key on the keyboard.

If the print screen key is not working then in that case you can make use of some tool such as snipping tool to take the screen layout. To select snipping utility you need to go to start/ All Programs/ Accessories location. The snipping tool utility is developed by Microsoft Company. Using snipping tool utility you can take the screen layout of the whole desktop and it also gives you the feature to crop certain parts of the image while you are taking the screen shot.

With the help of print screen key on the keyboard you can take the snapshot or layout of any image easily. Many a times print screen key on the keyboard doesn't work or their is some problem while using print screen. If the print screen key on the keyboard is not working and you want to take the screen shots. To take the screen shots you can use the third party software. One of the software called as “Gadwin” is a freeware utility which we can use to take the screen shots. You need to download and install Gadwin software on the system to take the screen shots. There are many other software which can be used to take the screen shots.