Thread: Internet explorer is not support the operating system- unable to install

Internet explorer is not support the operating system- unable to install

I set up a new hard drive for my Toshiba computer with the password protection in my machine, but unfortunately I forgot the password, so I had to reinstall the operating system (windows vista),. The problem after the second installation I did not see the internet explorer, but the installation folder is present in the program file, from there I am not able to access internet explorer. Not even in the start menu. I tried to reinstall that one from the control panel but this one also not showing there. When I double click on the application icon from the program file folder, it says the browser is support the operating system which is installed in my machine. Though I used this one in the same environment, before the re-installation. What should I do? How to recover this problem? Any information on this, suggest me.

Re: Internet explorer is not support the operating system- unable to install

Double click on the setup installer icon, it will navigate you to reinstall the browser again, when you click on the icon it will direct you to remove the earlier version. As per your post, you mentioned this one is installed in your machine but you can’t access it from anywhere. So while you are going to re-install the browser, it will first ask you for re-install the earlier version or look for the repair option in that window. Two of them are same process. So in this way you can able to first un-install the application and then re-install this one fresh. Also by repair option the same process will be happen. So do any one of them, I think by this you will able to solve the issue.

Are you sure you use the same version of browser in your earlier windows platform. Download the latest version which is compatible with the operating system version from Microsoft official web site and install in your machine. But before that reset the browser back to its default settings. Might some of the settings of browser are not properly configured in the second installation. So that you are not able to access internet explorer which is already installed in your machine. It will not delete the history and other feed of your browser. Search the internet explorer.exe from the search tab in the start menu, if this will open the application window then go to the tool menu bar option and from there proceed to Internet option. Then go to Advanced tab and select the reset option, follow the screen instruction to do this operation, along with that I recommend you to disable all add-ons those are applied in the browser.

Similar issue, I am having a HP computer which I make as simple as to access smoothly, recently installed the internet explorer 8 for vista in my machine. After installing for the first few days it works fine but suddenly whenever I double click on the application icon it shows that the browser version is not support with the operating system. Instantly I re-install the browser application, but by this I did not get any result. Whereas I am using other browser like Mozilla Firefox from the same day, it till now not encountered any problem. When I download the browser set up file from the web site I select the windows version that I am using, but still this creates problem. Any idea on this issue?

After the second installation of the browser I think it misses the Front page server extension which is configured with the server and this one having the authentication permission of the server access. This comes with the package of Microsoft package and this one also installed by default by the web browser during the installation. So these files are not might be matched, in the browser and in the machine there are using different version page file, so first of all you make sure that in both the places the page file extension is same in the machine got the start menu option, there type and insert fp4awel.dll in the search option line and check the option all files and folder from the search window. If you did not located the file by simple search then take the advanced search option. It will listed the FrontPage Server Extensions those are installed in your machine ad from there you can also file FrontPage Server Extensions those are installed with the browser, by simply change search file path. In the windows other version this option is might be comes as SharePoint Team Services with a pop-up windows, click on next and then this will list out the extensions of the machine.