Thread: Hotmail new update has deleted entire contents from the account

Hotmail new update has deleted entire contents from the account

From past years I have been using Hotmail as my primary Email client. Till now I didn’t get any issue in there. When I login to Hotmail account this morning I found that I lost everything in it. I have stored many contacts and Emails in there which included some important attachment, pictures and files. There was nothing instead of a Welcome message from Hotmail that to start the service. First of all I thought that someone hacked into my account and deleted all by resetting account. But the issue was different and chocking. The new Hotmail update has deleted entire contents in my account without my knowledge. I posted my issue in windowslivehelp and I found that many users have experienced the same problem. How could be possible?

Re: Hotmail new update has deleted entire contents from the account

Yes it seems to be that several users have experienced same issue in hotmail account. When I contacted to one Windows supporter for help they told me that it is not their fault, it has something to do with the youself. They also told me that they can recover your vanished email if they are deleted recently. If the deleted message older than a week then it will not be possible to recover it back. Now all you have to do is give your email ID in windowslive help and they may help you to recover back your contents.

As far as I know there is no new hotmail update has been launched recently. In case it launched then it won’t be going to delete your content after all. I think that it is something related to POP. I think that someone might have by mistake swept your account from the POP server. You can ping them with a notice to recover all the contents deleted recently and they will try to make it back for you if possible. Otherwise there might be some kind of spam or bug infected to your account and to clean it you might sweep the entire account without knowing.

If the account has been marked as “Inactive” by the hotmail then you will lose all the contents in it. The Live Hotmail account become inactive when you don’t sign in for more than 270 days. Another thing is you need to use the account within 10 days after creating a new account. When the account will be marked as “Inactive” then all messages, folders, and contacts will be deleted. If someone tries to send a message to your account then it backs to sender by deriving as undeliverable. Still account name is reserved. After that you have an additional 90 days to login to your account which is inactive, after that the account name also may be permanently deleted.

This kind of issues will be possible when you use ant third party Email client or spam filter to access Hotmail account. Whenever using pop3 protocol to recover your mail make sure to check the option “Always leave a copy of the message on the server”. Otherwise you will lose all your emails. Some third party spam filter with wrong configuration filters all emails and assumes that all are spam. So it will either sends to email to spam folder or deletes it by itself. Some time server outage will also causes the stored contents in your hotmail account.