Thread: Error while installing drivers for wireless card

Error while installing drivers for wireless card

Hello friends, please help me to overcome this problem. I have an Airtel broadband connection at my home which is connected to the wifi router at my home. I had my wireless card in my CPU which got damaged so I decided to get the card from my brother who had a spare card with him. But when I installed the card to connect to the internet, it gave me an error saying : "Windows got the drivers software but failed to install it". So can any one help me to know that why is this happening even though I have installed all the drivers correctly.

Re: Error while installing drivers for wireless card

Hey buddy can you mention the name of the wireless card that you have brought from your brother. Also, since you have mentioned in the post that your brother had a spare card so was he using this card or had he just kept the card without using this for quite a while. If this is the case then it can be that the wireless card might have got affected and that is why you are getting this error. So what you can do is to run the same card on different computer and see if it runs over there or not and if it doesn't then I think that you might have to buy a new wireless card for your pc to connect to the internet.

Hey why don't you again install the drivers and see if it really works for you or not. I think that the drivers that you have installed might have got corrupted and that is why you are facing this kind of problem. Also, you have to make sure that you have uninstalled all the previous drivers that you were using with your old wireless card. So you can try this option and see which one works for you.

Hey friends I have got the drivers installed again and again in my system and then also I am not able to run the wireless card on the system. I have also checked the card on my brother PC but it shows no sign of errors on his computer and I am successfully able to connect to the internet. So what can be the precise solution for solving this problem does it requires some different drivers or something else . Also I am using Rosewill RNX-G300E IEEE 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Card. So please give some quick suggestion as since I am eagerly waiting for connecting to the internet through my system.
    Last edited by Loyalpalm; 02-12-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Hey would want to ask you that which bit version Windows are you using on your system. If it is a 32 bit version Windows then you should have the drivers for that version only. Similarly the same goes with the 64 bit version Windows. So the drivers are not compatible with the Windows you wont be able to start the wireless card on your system.

hi all, i use a tata photon+ wi card. the connection terminates anytime suddenly. at the same time sound also stops playing. i tried reconnection but won't work pls help.thanks in advance n happy new year