Thread: Cannot remove the picture library option from the desktop background menu ?

Cannot remove the picture library option from the desktop background menu ?

I have got a desktop system from Dell, I use Windows 7 as my operating system, I have got some issues with my windows libraries, before you ask me the system configuration , I will tell you that myself, I bought it 9 months back , I have Intel i3 installed in it and have a RAM chip of 4GB installed on the Intel chipset motherboard. There is a library option on the desktop background , stored in a drop down menu, it stores pictures in it. But I do not want it there. So I just wanted to know I how I can remove it because I do not like them being used as my desktop background.

Re: Cannot remove the picture library option from the desktop background menu ?

I think you should delete custom entry's to the drop down list in the menu of the background by deleting the files in from the current user’s profile. But if you fail to remove it from the user folder you can search for the registry entries that are meant and constructed for storing those default background, but I am not sure about it,. As per my knowledge there is no option available to delete those pictures from the list of that picture library menu, it was neither present in the earlier version of the Windows operating system.

I do not think why the pictures in the operating system is bothering you so much , but still if you insist I can show you one way but I am not absolutely sure that it will work in your system , if you do not wish those pictures to be stored in the list of the desktop background you can save it to a separate location anywhere else but not in the picture folder, this will definitely resolve your issue up to a certain extent.

Yes I too think that way , because there is no such way to delete the list available in the menu of the picture library , so you Whatever you have commented on forum seems to be absolutely correct , then why you are so tensed on just a picture background , I think you should be happy that you have detected a bug in the Windows 7 operating system. Just ignore those background and be content with the rest of the features.