Thread: How to adjust the scroll bar size in MS Office 07

How to adjust the scroll bar size in MS Office 07

I have recently brought myself a new Laptop. I use Microsoft Office 07 because a lot of my office work revolves around working on the Office 07. Now from the past few days i have observed a change . The change is in the size of the scroll bar. So i checked the options screen in the tool bar. Which i did not find. It might have got disabled. Now i want to adjust the size of the scroll bar which is really looking very odd for me. So suggest me some solutions so that i can adjust it and also how can i get the option screen back in the Tool bar. My operating system is windows 7. So please send any suggestions as quickly as possible.

Re: How to adjust the scroll bar size in MS Office 07

I would suggest you a solution that has helped me also. You can go to the control panel and select personalization. On selecting that option click on windows color. After that click on advanced appearance settings. After that click on advanced appearance settings the item drop box will be available. You have to set to scroll bar. After doing that you will be able to adjust the size of the scroll bar. Try with this solution it must work for you.

If you are working on excel due to the extremities in the data it is seen that the size of the scroll bar goes down rapidly. So for that you can either try working on the initial fields of the excel sheet but that can be too tedious. So other method you can try is that you can use the scroll area property of the excel sheet and go ahead . By doing that you can adjust the scrolling limit of the scroll bar and also there is no need to clear the cells which are in the extremities causing problem to you. So go ahead with this solution and let me know if it works.

Thanks for the solutions people. The solutions that you are providing are working for me, while in some case it is not showing up the desired result. Like i read the above solution and wanted to try this same solution but the problem is that i did not set the scroll area property in the excel sheet. So i am a bit confused on going ahead. So it would be better if you can explain me in detail how to go ahead with it.

You can definitely go ahead with my solution. Like you are saying that you are not getting the property. For that you have to right click the tab in the question of the excel sheet and select view code. In the sheet properties you will find the scroll area property. After getting the scroll area property you might be knowing the necessary procedure. In case you don't know then, you have to select the cell range in the box say from A1:AA100 so the scroll bar size will be limited till that range and in case if you are exceeding the limit the scroll bar size will not get more narrow.