Thread: Link a Table to another Table to Drop Down In Main Table

Link a Table to another Table to Drop Down In Main Table

One time I have connected every my tables and I have about 4 to 5 tables that are at present connected, and will necessitate to insert extra ultimately. I wish to be able to drop down one more tables down below the table 2 that is previously as a drop down table in the major Primary table. I wish it to drop down the table 2, but I require being able to drop down one more table that is table 3 below the "ID" field below table 2. So for instance I wish to be able to click on that small plus sign subsequently to the "ID" field in table 2 and contain one more table drop down to every record set, in its place of containing to alter the sub datasheets all the time. Is this probable and if not, am I able to perform the similar kind of setup as over but by doing it with or utilizing a drop down table type of format. Either method I require it to exhibit it the similar but not a drop down list, combo box suggestion.

Re: Link a Table to another Table to Drop Down In Main Table

I wish to setup to be comparable to sub datasheets, if just I can connect or link an additional sub datasheet to that sub datasheet, so that I can contain a sub datasheet that Is sub datasheet 1 drop down from my main table, and after that contain one more sub datasheet that is sub datasheet 2 drop down from sub datasheet 1. This method it will allow me to observe and analysis all the information that is connected to every record set at the similar time, in its place of containing to exchange and alter sub datasheets each time.

I have just completed Combo Box's for fields via the lookup wizard for a field but I am ignorant of this process. Is setting this combo box up alike to combo boxes for fields? And if not, is it a comparatively simple procedure? But one time again what you are recitation appears that I will have to still alter the combo box to analysis the information, my aim was to not contain to keep altering sub datasheets or combo box's in order to analysis all my information for every record set.

The combo box will work on forms not on datasheets. The primary thing you will necessitate to setup is you shapes and yes, you can make use of the wizard for the type of Combo Box I talked about. And you will have to modify the Combo Box or do impressive to sight the information as it is linked. Maybe if you explain what kind of database I can come up with one more way out; because I am currently thing List Boxes might be more to your fondness. You would scroll through the primary list box and the matching information will show up in the next, third, and so on. List Box you might place as many as you can fit contentedly on the form.

I also have the similar problem and as you say that if I scroll through the primary list box and after that the matching information will show up in the next, third, and so on. What about if I scroll through the subsequent list box and click on one of the record set there, will that information of that record set after that show up in the third list box? And after that what about if I after that scrolled down the third list box and clicked on one of them, would that after than display the information from that record set in the fourth list box and so on.

I have setup my forms and for my 4 x tables, so every table has an individual form, but after that from there I got misplaced as to how to obtain it to exhibit the similar as in your instance. Do I require putting in subforms and someway doing combo lists from there? But what I did do is, that I in progress a fresh form in design view and shaped combo lists based on every table, but at present how do I find theses list boxes to link to every combo list? In order to be able to click on a record in the primary combo list and the linked information for that record exhibits in the next combo list and so on? Am I doing this correct? Is this the correct way to go about it? And how do I find the field names for every column to exhibit the method you have in your instance?

dear all members

I want your help

I want to learn complete access i only know how to construct the table but don't know
    how to fire a quary? How to generate a reports?
    my company has payroll software with the access background
    i have to face lots difficuiltes when problem arises

So dear member suggest me any book or the approch i should take

regards