Thread: How to make a pop up form with special functionality

How to make a pop up form with special functionality

A few of you have been working extremely intimately with me on similar project and me really thank you all for your endurance and much valued assist. What I have at the present is a form with 5 combo boxes, hidden text boxes by means of default values and a button which time stamps the record and computes and exhibits the time which has beyond since that person clicked the button very final. I have currently been given a little dissimilar instruction. I have been inquires to contain the ensuing pop up still do all the things it does now, but depends on the ensuing time computation, transform the color of the font or pop up and after that provide an alternative to record a trouble that would amass to the major data table. I appreciate this would encompass to be a form of some type in its place of a message box (msgbox)as it is currently, but that is about to the extent that I know regarding how to do this. Is this incredible that can be completed? Is there someone out there who would be keen to step me through how to construct this?

Re: How to make a pop up form with special functionality

If you are going to establish a novel thread with innovative necessities you be supposed to either Close the unique thread or at the extremely smallest amount inform those that are helping you to do what you wish.

Code:
    Private Sub START_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_START_Click
    Dim PT As Variant
    Dim ss As String

ss = "INSERT INTO tableData (StationID, Job, Size, Associate, Date_Time, Issue1, Issue2, PGid) " & _
    "VALUES ('" & Me.Text407 & "', '" & Me.Text409 & "', '" & Me.Comb111 & "', '" & Me.Comb113 & "','" & Me.StartTime & "', '" & Me.Issues & "', '" & _Me.Combo27 & "', '" & Me.Combo113 & "'); "
      Me.StartTime = Now () 
       PT = DMax("Date_Time", "tabledata", "Associate=""" & Me.Associate & """ AND Date_Time<#" & Me.StartTime & "#")
      Me.Dirty = False 
    If IsNull(PT) Then
        MsgBox "Recorded!”, vbInformation, "First example"  
    Else
      End If
    CurrentDb.Execute ss
      Exit_START_Click:
        Exit Sub

Err_START_Click:
        MsgBox Err.Description
        Resume Exit_START_Click
    End Sub
    On your novel form that the font alters colors you place the code to send it to the subsequently record which will get rid of the "You cannot go to the individual record error. After that if supply the name of your novel form and the parameters for altering colors I can direct you.

In the denote time, the criteria for the color modify are, If size is small and minutes are greater than 20, after that Blue if less than 20 after that green and no form for toward the inside problem wanted. If size is average and minutes are greater than 10 then Blue if less than 10 then green and no form for entering problem wanted. If size is big and minutes are greater than 5 then Blue if less than 5 then green and no form for entering problem wanted. Form will be named frmOverLimit.

There are three things.
    1. First, Please do not name your field size as it is a Reserved Word and will cause you troubles as Access will have troubles.
    2. Is size a field on the form? And I am going to presuppose its numeric.
    3. Where are you receiving the minutes from? Is there a field on your form which holds that value or are you utilizing a few bit of code?

Size is a text field as in tiny, Medium, Large, The time beyond is intended in the button code and after that rehabilitated to mm:ss by means of a module. On the stuff of end users you know superiors; they require what they require while they wish it! I utilized the code you supplied and I used DoCmd.OpenForm frmOverLimit, acNormal where you recommended placing the open form line. While I click the button I obtain "The action or technique needs a form name argument"

Let’s do it the full evidence method:
    1. Open your major form in Design View
    2. Open frmOverLimit in Design View
      • Place a textbox on frmOverLimit and utilizing the Expression Builder in the window that opens choose Loaded Forms and find the way to the control StartTime. One time double click and it should demonstrate in the pinnacle part. Pushes save or okay till the line that was exposed in the higher part exhibits in your Textbox.
    3. Now secure and save frmOverLimit and close major form. If it inquires about saving major form say no.
    4. To experiment that that works, release major form and after that release frmOverLimit. If value illustrates grin and be content.
    5. After that close major form go to Design sight of frmOverLimit and provide that field the name StartTime make unseen, save and close...