Thread: From where can I download Project 2010 x64

From where can I download Project 2010 x64

I am looking for Project 2010 x64 download link. I have purchased basic package of Office 2010 and installed on my computer. I then came to know that it doesn't have Microsoft Project. So for this I went to the Digital River and noticed that they only have 32 bit package. However, my Office 2010 is 64 bit. I have searched a lot but no one had 64 bit version. So I was forced to get the 32 bit and tried to install it on my computer. But, as expected, I wasn't able to install it since the mixing of 32 and 64 bit Office is not possible. Can anyone help me from where I can download and install this version of Project 2010? Also tell me if this is best for my Project or should I go for some other applications?

Re: From where can I download Project 2010 x64

Microsoft Project 2010 delivers new and intuitive experiences to simply plan, manage, and collaborate with individuals, teams, and your enterprise. It is completely new and visually enhanced timeline view gives you a clearer view of tasks, milestones, and phases. The newly expanded color palettes and text effects helps you make every timeline and plan looks best, helping you see and share important dates and deliverables. Find and use your favorite tools easily with new graphical menus and a familiar interface so you can create and manage projects easily. It even delivers more with at-a-glance resource management and team-collaboration tools using Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010. The new team planner lets you visually select the right mix of people and resources with drag-and-drop ease. You can insert new columns on the fly; data types are readily identified so you can quickly organize and analyze details effectively. You can even save time and effort with familiar and essential functions like text wrapping, filtering, auto-complete, scroll and zoom, and more. It brings together the flexibility and ease of a tool like Microsoft Excel 2010 with the power of the Project Professional 2010 scheduling engine. You can connect your teams with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 synchronization or add Microsoft Project Server 2010 with Project Professional 2010 to realize the results of unified project and portfolio management.

I think you didn't checked with Microsoft site for the 64 bit version of Project 2010. You must have visited the Microsoft site and checked if there is any download link available over there for Microsoft Project. If you have purchased a licensed version of Office suite then I think you don't even have to purchase Microsoft Project if you visit their website. You can directly download the link from them and install on your computer. If you are unable to find the exact download link then you can at least send an email or contact them on the support number and see if they can help.

I don't think there is any 64 bit version of Microsoft Project, neither on Microsoft site nor on Internet. There are lots of applications which are alternative to Microsoft Project. GanttProject is a cross-platform desktop tool for project scheduling and management. It works on all the platforms such as Windows, Linux and MacOSX. And the best part of it is that it is complete free. OpenProj is yet another alternative to Microsoft Project which is also free and open source. Even this can run on Windows , Linux and MacOSX platform.

OK so, to Blazej, you want to say that Microsoft Project is not available in 64 bit version? Even I thought about this but Microsoft's site doesn't mention anything about such thing. They didn't have anywhere written that they only have 32 bit of Microsoft Project. How can you be so sure about that? And GeforceUser, the two application which you have suggested, which is GanttProject and OpenProj, I have never heard about them but would definitely try it if get the chance to do so.