Thread: Software required to restrict the read and write access from CD/DVD Drives

Software required to restrict the read and write access from CD/DVD Drives

I have got a desktop system , it is an assembled one , all the parts of my system are from different manufacturers , I have got a Samsung syncmaster monitor, Sony CD/DVD burner , and mother board from Intel Chipset. My system is fast enough since it has AMD Turion processor@3 GHz speed and has 4GB of RAM with 5ooGB of hard disk space . I use Windows 7 operating system . Since I am have got a shop of audio and video cd’s and lots of people work in my store , so I need to all those disks from being pirated in case of my absence from the store. So I want an application that can probably lock the cd/dvd access(here I am not talking about locking the drive) If you have any idea or knowledge about such freeware being available then please reply back.

Re: Software required to restrict the read and write access from CD/DVD Drives

Yes indeed , you should prevent the your cd’s from being accessed and written illegally. So in that case I can suggest you solution , I can say about any software, but this step can definitely ensure security and that too without any charge. I am talking about encrypting the data. It is as simple as implementing password on certain files and folders and can be locked and unlocked only with the encryption and decryption. The key used for encrypting is know as encryption key and for decrypting the content the decrypting key is used.

Dr. V Guest

CD-DVD Lock is also a tool available that is designed to prevent read or write access to media devices such as CD, DVD drives , floppy drives and the flash drives. This tool can not only used to protect these removable drives but also to have gain on access rights on hard drives as . You This can be done in two ways: either hide your devices from looking into it or reading or imply a full Lock to have access on them. The access can be gained only after entering a authorized password that is known to you only Since the data stored is not going to be encrypted , in case you forget your password the data cannot be tampered with. This I more faster and simpler way and a very effective mechanism to prevent the access.

There are a lots of unintended activities taking place with the cd’s these days and these things are happening all over whether you are surrounded with a kid or matured people. If you really want to avoid such things and still use the computer simultaneously then I think you should use ‘CD/DVD Drive Locker’ software . Using this application, you can momentary turn OFF the CD/DVD ROM from ejecting it from it’s drive.. Once turned OFF, attempting to eject the drive will not bring the tray out – which will keep it safe from the people whom you suspect. want to use the drive, turn it ON and use it as you always do. It works smooth with all operating systems.