Thread: Changing Calendar of Microsoft Project 2010

Changing Calendar of Microsoft Project 2010

I am certain it is something easy, but I cannot find my calendar to modify. I wish to make use of a general schedule in days, as well as weekends. That is 90 day period starting 4/5/10 should end on something. I have gotten it to compute by means of a 5 day work week and in some way it estimates below 90 days for period. Please provide some useful help. Every help would be respected.

Re: Changing Calendar of Microsoft Project 2010

In transform working time you have to decide the calendar you will be altering. Is that the Project Calendar just make sure Project ribbon and information? While you reopen modify working times and click any Sunday, does it demonstrate the working hours you must have entered? If not, something has gone mistaken in modify Working time, Work Weeks, choose Saturday and Sunday and click "Set to these precise working times" enter them add hit enter earlier than hitting OK.

What calendar modifies are you expecting to observe? The "Standard" calendar in Microsoft Project has working time set Monday through Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 minutes 1 hour contain for lunch. So a 7 day period task that starts on Monday will end the subsequent week on Tuesday, not including the non-working days on Saturday or Sunday. If you wish to count weekends as working time, you will necessitate modifying the calendar through the Change Working Time button to openly set Saturday and Sunday as operational days or working days.

I go behind your information by going to Change Working Time Button and set Saturday and Sunday as element of the working week. While I go to the project I am generating it does not modify to 7 day working week but leftovers at 5 day working week. Please somebody help me. I have Microsoft Project 2010 Standard edition. And really don’t know what to do further.

After so many problems at the end I have managed to modify the standard calendar on Microsoft Project. On the drop down Task menu over the Gantt chart click 'Define General Working Times', at the underneath of the page which almost hidden so you cannot observe it there is a 'continue to step 2' button, while you click this you can click all the days you wish to be distinct as a standard working day in your calendar. Your problem is solved.