Thread: Unable to find Microsoft Document Image to open MDI file in office 2010

Unable to find Microsoft Document Image to open MDI file in office 2010

I am currently using Microsoft office 2010 and trying to release or trying to open MDI file. Open the MDI file make use of Microsoft Document Image in Office 2003, but I Unable to find Microsoft Document Image to release or open MDI file in office 2010. Please someone suggest me the steps or some information about how can I open MDI file. Any provided details are appreciated. So please be helpful…..

Re: Unable to find Microsoft Document Image to open MDI file in office 2010

A Microsoft Document Imaging (MDI) file is a proprietary Microsoft image format exercised for amassing images of scanned documents beside with definite metadata about the file. If you contain Office 2010 installed on your computer, you will observe Microsoft Document Image Writer as an effective printer in your list of Printers. In case you cannot print to a regular printer or if you basically wish to encompass a digital copy of anything you are printing, you can print to the MDI printer and save the file with an .MDI extension. The file can just be released by a Microsoft program, specifically Microsoft Document Imaging which approaches with Office 2010.

MDI is a proprietary file format of Microsoft for amassing raster images of scanned documents mutually with elective comments or metadata, and can just be shaped or read by convinced Microsoft software, such as Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) module incorporated in Microsoft Office 2010 and soon. Though, while you improve to Windows Vista and Office 2010, or carry the MDI files by means of USB flash drive or email to an additional computer with just Office 2010, you will come across an error of “Windows unable to open this file”, and afterward ask you to moreover allow Windows to go online to seem it up automatically, or yourself choose from a list of programs which are setup on computer.

I have undeviating way out, by installing Microsoft Document Imaging Writer and its equivalent support for the file format.
    1. First visit the Control Panel; choose “Uninstall a program”.
    2. High Microsoft Office 2010
    3. Click on “Change” which situated on the navigation link close to the top of the window.
    4. Choose “Add or Remove Features”, after that simply click “Continue”.
    5. Increase “Office Tools” part.
    6. Just select the descend catalog for “Microsoft Office Document Imaging” and choose “Run all from My Computer”.
    7. Click “Continue”.
    8. Click “Close” while installation complete.

I lastly acquired the plunge and improved windows XP to Windows 7 and Office from 2003 to 2010. I contain a large number of matters in MDI format and I am disagreeably astounded by Microsoft correct at the present for not counting a reader in Office 2010 or as a minimum a downloadable efficacy on the side. How in the world could anyone at Microsoft craft a pronouncement to go away us trapped high and dry like that? Really hard to believe! It is obviously certainly not secure to faith ones documents to Microsoft proprietary formats.