Thread: Outlook shows Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure error

Outlook shows Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure error

I am using the outlook from past several years. From 2 days when I open the outlook I am getting the error message like “Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure” I don’t know what the actual meaning of this error code. The outlook is working fine but the error dialog box irregularly appears. I don’t have any idea about fixing this. What should I have to do to fix this error message? I didn’t find any explanation for this error on outlook help menu. I hope that you might have found it somehow.

Re: Outlook shows Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure error

I think that the message under the Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure title on the dialog box might be something like given below:
    “Could not load file or assembly 'Iris.Mapi.MessageStore' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified”
    What antivirus program you installed on your computer? It seems to me that if it is the Symantec antivirus program is installed on your computer then this kind of error message will be shown. In order to get rid of this problem, completely uninstall the Symantec antivirus program and reinstall it without enabling mail scanning feature. This might help you because the AV will no longer interfere with outlook and its contents.

I think that you haven’t installed the Microsoft outlook from the original CD. To get rid of the MAPI (Mail Application Protocol Interface) error message or issues use the original version or CD to install office or outlook on your computer. If you are looking forward for repairing it then use the Business Manager Contact CD in which you can get the easy repair option. Also run the repair option original Microsoft office CD. These two CD’s are necessary to completely repair outlook. Also download and install the latest version of .NET framework for Windows OS.

To solve this issue I think that you should start working on your system registry. I think that there may be some way to solve the error message by editing registry. But I don’t have much idea on that. You should check it by yourself. If you are using Symantec then run the liveupdate on Symantec’s universal online updating tool. This will automatically download the patch which will able to restore MAPI error between the antivirus software and Outlook.

If you are getting this kind of error message on your computer then I urge you to reset the outlook to its default settings. This might help you to come back to the normal position. If this won’t help then update the outlook otherwise install a latest version if available. Also try the different settings regarding email scan or email client filter on your antivirus program or in firewall. Use the default settings in the antivirus program also in firewall application.

This kind of error message only appears if you are using Norton AV program and with its some wrong configuration on Anti-spam feature. To solve this:
    • Launch Symantec Internet Security
    • Click the “Norton Anti-spam” button;
    • Click on the “Allowed list” link
    • Click on the “Configure” button
    • Click the “Import Address Book” button
    • To solve the trouble you can organize your Anti-Spam and eliminate idle services:
    • In the area titled “Email”, click the “Client integration” button.
    • In the next window, confirm only those services which you are using.
    • Click OK for confirmation.
    • To test configuration is correct or not, click the “Import address book” again, the message should not appear this time.