Thread: While installing Office 2007 Pro Plus to Terminal Server Error Code 1603 has occurred

While installing Office 2007 Pro Plus to Terminal Server Error Code 1603 has occurred

Hey, I have a server 2003 R2 in which I have MS office 2003 but now I have got office 2007 from one of my friend so I have uninstall office 2003. I am trying to install office 2007 on my Server 2003 SP2. But I am facing some error while installing. Error: Failed to install product: C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\OfficeMUI.msi Error Code: 1603(0x643) has displayed on my screen and what I have to do for Customizing a 2007 Office installation and some information about this error message. So please tell me to resolve this issue ………

Re: While installing Office 2007 Pro Plus to Terminal Server Error Code 1603 has occurred

From my opinion you are trying to install a retail edition, a trial edition, a pre-installed edition (PIPC), or an OEM edition of a 2007 MS Office on a Terminal Server computer. This error related problem occurs when a retail edition, a trial edition, a pre-installed edition (PIPC), or an OEM edition of a 2007 Office program or suite is installed on a Terminal Server computer. Terminal Server does not support the installation of these editions of 2007 Office programs or suites. So please use original edition.

Re: While installing Office 2007 Pro Plus to Terminal Server Error Code 1603 has occurred

To resolve this problem, first of all remove these editions of the 2007 Office suite or program from the Terminal Server computer. Then, install an edition that uses a Volume License Key with the 2007 Office suite or a program that does not require License Activation. And then you will successfully install your office 2007 on terminal server

To install Office, you have to use Install mode. Do either of the following to enter Install mode on the Terminal Server client:
    1. Hit Start, point to Settings, plus hit Control Panel.
    2. Hit Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
    -or-
    1. Hit Start, point to Programs, and hit Command Prompt.
    2. At the Command Prompt, type Change User /install. NOTE:Type Change user /execute to return the server to its default running state.
    And then To install Office on Terminal Server, follow these steps:
    1. Run the Office Setup program. Once the installation is finished, do not allow Setup to restart the system.
    2. While still in Install mode, run the Office97.cmd Application Compatibility Script. This script optimizes the Windows registry settings plus other variables for the multiuser environment. the entire scripts are located in the following folder on the server:
    3. %systemroot%\Application Compatibility Scripts\Install\Office97.cmd

where %systemroot% is the drive letter of your Terminal Server
    4. Then Restart your computer.

If you would like to customize an Office installation you have to utilize the Office Customization Tool to generate a customization patch (.MSP). When you do install Office in addition to this customization file then the Office features that are set to Not Available are not installed.
    1. Start the Office Customization Tool (OCT). To do this, hit Start, then in Run, type Office installation CD \setup /admin, and then Hit OK.
    2. Choose Set Feature Installation States in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen, and then choose the feature that you do not require to install in the tree on the right.
    3. Set the installation state of the selected feature to Not Available, Hidden, or Locked. If more than one of these settings is required, the menu must be accessed again to choose the additional setting.
    4. Do again steps 2 through 3 for all features that you do not need to install.
    5. Set any extra options that you require in the OCT.
    6. Choose Save As on the File menu to generate the MSP file. It should be saved in the \Updates folder unless another location is specified in the Config.xml file.
    7. Install the 2007 Office suite with the .MSP file.