Thread: Downgrading eligibility of MS Office 2010

Downgrading eligibility of MS Office 2010

I have got a desktop system . I am studying in school right now, I spent mostly spent my time with playing the games and do not bother with the applications tool installed in it, but have a bit of knowledge about MS office tools.I know that the older version is upgraded with a newer one to increase the performance and increase the flexibility in our task with the new features . My brother installed MS Office 2010 few days back.However I wanted to know the downgrade rights of it ? Does anyone knows about it please comment.

Re: Downgrading eligibility of MS Office 2010

What you mean when you say by downgrade ? If you mean to degrade the office tool to it's previous version then it is possible. Most people mostly follow this step when their system do not support the newer version, you have said that your brother recently installed office 2010, if you think it is not functioning as intended at least less as compared to the previous version then you can uninstall it and reinstall the older version either 2003 or 2007 version. You have not mentioned what kind of desktop system do you have, otherwise would have told you whether the Office 2010 supports the system as well.

If you talking about the upgrade, Your system should meet certain requirement and must fulfill certain eligibility criteria, if you qualify to do so then you are eligible to get a corresponding 2010 office copy in place of each product of of the previous version, it has a limitation of 25 such upgrades for each customer not more than that. There is one more criteria of language, in case if you have Office 2007 version of a particular language, then the up gradation can be done on the basis of that language only. The tech guarantee is available only to the Academic Versions and Military Appreciation edition. Office tools with those editions will get the Click to run edition. This was all about eligibility criteria , if you still have some issues related to this you can post your question back.

I am really sorry about the lack of information I provided I should have explained my issue in a detailed manner to make you people clear about my system. I have desktop system with a desktop system with a core 2 duo processor and 1 GB of DDR RAM and 500 GB of internal hard drive. Yes I was talking about degrading the 2010 office tool to the 2007 version back , cant say about the compatibility but I am not comfortable with this newer version. So please reply back if you have understood the issue.