Thread: How to resize the document in Expression Design

How to resize the document in Expression Design

Before I start with drawing tools, I would like to learn how to navigate within a document and take a look at the potential for displaying Microsoft Expression Design. Frankly speaking, I have recently started learning about the Expression Design, I am trying to learn it by myself (not doing any course ). I am sure that you people will provide some information that I want. It would be really very helpful, if you provide me with some detailed notes regarding the Expression Design. Also I am looking out for some help for workspace. Along with that want to know about alignment with rulers, guides and grids. I know that there are multiple queries in this post, but since they are related to each other, I thought that posting in one post would be useful.

Re: How to resize the document in Expression Design

After you install Expression Design and started part by creating a new document. Let's go to the File menu in the upper left corner and click on New ... (or you can type the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+N ).

In the dialog box that appears, we can set the name of the file you are creating, and then chose the page size from the available drop-down menu, or, leaving the "Custom" and give freely width and height in the boxes below. Finally, we can decide the resolution of our document, pointing out that 72 or 96 px / inch is the optimal resolution for works on the web, while 300 px / inch is preferred for work designed for printing. Set all the features of the document creating confirm with Ok.

To open documents already created go to the File menu and click on Open ... (alternatively use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+O ) and proceed to select and open files as usual. Once you open or create a new document, we can examine the work area. At the top are the menu bar that have already used to create or open the file and we learn to know better later. Below the menu bar there is the "bar tab", which displays the names of currently open documents. We can switch from one to another by simply clicking on the tab that shows the name, or browsing in the tab with the tab key combination Ctrl+TAB . The tabs show the file name followed by an asterisk indicate that the files contain unsaved changes. Expression Design, in contrast to other more complex software, contains nearly all of its features in just 4 panels (or palette):
    • the instrument panel
    • the action panel (visible at the bottom of the window only if you selected an object on the page)
    • the properties panel (which contains all the aesthetic object)
    • the layers panel

The instrument panel in Expression Design is composed of different icons representing the tools you can use to select, draw, manipulate objects or to navigate the document. As in many other graphics software, including the instrument panel in Expression Design contains many more tools than those that are visible at first glance. In fact, all the icons that has the small arrow in the lower right have actually a submenu with more options. The submenu is visible for a moment holding the left mouse button on the icon. Zoom is the tool that allows us to zoom in or out of the workspace. Be careful, do not we talk about visualization and real magnification of the objects you see "more closely" or "more distant", but does not actually change the size.

Expression Design there are several ways to zoom the document, we examine a few.
    • The zoom tool in the toolbox : To use, simply click on its icon in the instrument panel and click on the document to be enlarged, you can also zoom in on an area well-defined by clicking and dragging the mouse around it. To reverse the zoom, or move away from the document, it acts the same way but keep pressing Alt.
    • The box on the slide at the bottom of the window : This box contains some default magnification which can be chosen from the dropdown menu, but it is also possible (as in almost all fields pleased values in the interface of Expression Design) to increase or decrease the value by clicking and dragging within the same; or you can of course click on the box and keyboard to enter the desired value.
    • The options in the View menu : Next to each item is also on the keyboard shortcut.

You can turn on the Zoom tool at any time by pressing the key combination Ctrl+spacebar, zooming will be disabled as soon as you release the key combination. Along with the zooming, you should also know about the hand tool. The Hand tool is used to navigate through the document, and is a convenient alternative to scroll bars, with the Hand tool active you can click and drag the page within the work of Expression Design. In addition to using the icon in the instrument panel, you can activate it temporarily holding down the spacebar on the keyboard.

Expression Design has two features that really need to resize the page on which you are working, both in the File menu. Although they look similar names, in fact, have very different effects on our work: the feature size scales document not only the page, but also, proportionately, any design in it, and does artboard dimensions, however, only resizes the page, leaving the size of the work contained in it. Expression Design allows you to have more than one simultaneous display of our work. We can open a new tab with a different view (which will still be updated in real time) by going to View> New View. We can then choose to see our work in three different ways:
    • vector in preview mode, which is the default mode
    • vector wireframe mode, activated from the View menu> Quality Display> Wireframe
    • preview in pixels, which is activated by selecting View> Pixel Preview, which allows us, given certain parameters, to simulate the performance of the image once it is saved in a bitmap format
    You can turn any display clockwise or anticlockwise, in increments of a quarter of a right angle (22.5°) with their functions, which are found in the View menu> Rotate View.