Thread: Microsoft Office 2010 Pro not installing in windows 7 X64

Microsoft Office 2010 Pro not installing in windows 7 X64

I have a HP Compaq Presario laptop and recently upgrade into windows 7 64-bit system architecture. Along with that upgrade the Microsoft Office 2010 application with Office 2010 Pro. The problem is while I was trying to deploy the files of office earlier version in my machine platform it gives me a error message, like missing the .MSP-file and MUI language packs etc. I reinstall the office application again and this time same problem happens. What is the actual problem, anyone having any solution for this? Any input regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 Pro not installing in windows 7 X64

I read the complete post and think that the office 2010 pro version that you are trying to install in your machine is might not be compatible with the 64-bit system architecture. So make sure that the Installation disk is compatible with the machine specification. Also like to suggest you to check whether you are missing any instruction or setting during the installation process. The installation process of Microsoft office application is very lengthy and very typical so you may m is any setting while you are installing the application in your machine.

In windows vista and in windows 7 platform while you tried to install any software or the any application the window will ask you for the permission to precede the installation process or to abort the process, so as per my opinion I think this is the permission issue with the windows environment. Because I had the similar issue and the problem was missing eth same files and with some of the numerical errors. I searched everywhere for the solution after that I found a very simple procedure to install the application, and by this there was no error occurred. So I suggest you to follow the same procedure to install the Microsoft Office 2010 application in your machine. Insert the office 2010 pro installation disk. Don’t click install button from the autopaly. Go to the inside of disk to access the installation from disk, explore the disk files by right click on the disk in your CD ROM drive. Now right click on the .exe application file and select the option, run by the Administrator, it will ask you for the administrator user name and password instead of permission to run the application. After that just follow the installation onscreen instruction. In this any you will not face any problem.

I think also this problem might be occurring for the permission of the system administration. Go to start menu search option and insert "regedit" into the command prompt line and hit on ENTER. Now right click on the registry editor and select the permission option. Make sure that the administrator name is listed on the list of "Group and User name". if you will found that is not mentioned in the list then click on Add option and insert the administrator name into list. Go to the Full Control and check the Accept option is checked. Now got o Advance tab and select the "Owner" sub tab, look for the current user account and make it highlight and choose the option "Replace owner on sub containers and objects". There might be any error will appear regarding the registry editor, click on OK or CONTINUE. Click on save and exit from the window prompt. now try to install the Office 2010 Pro application.

Having the relevant issue, but in my time the problem is with the office 2007 tool. Where I am not able to install that one on my windows 7 compatible Acer laptop. Whenever I run the installer file I says that msixec.exe file is missing in the installation, so after few minute it say that a service is missing which having the same name, and tell me to stop the installation process. I searched in the process tab under task manager during the installation and found that msixec.exe service is running in the back ground, can’t understand thought it shows that it is running then why it appears not running in the error message? I tried for the second time installation. I thought that the application version is not compatible with machine environment, and I tried with the Microsoft office 2010 tool again, but this one is also flashing the same type of error, but this time with another service name. Though both the versions are having similar type of problem then I am sure that it is the machine problem, but don’t know what is the actual cause. My machine is having the Intel i3 processor along with 2GB RAM and 320GB hard disk drive and AMD Athlon X2 graphical interface, this might help some one to suggest me any solution for the problem that I am facing. What should I do now? Any idea on this problem?

I think the office tool files are not support the windows 7 version that you are using, so I recommend you to install the different version of windows platform that you are having or repair the windows 7 by the installation disk. Insert the disk into the drive and start pressing f8 key. It will appear the installation and repair window, click on Window repair and follow the onscreen instructions to do the operation. Some other tricks to solve this issue like disable the firewall program that you are using in your machine. Along with that disable the “MS Essenstials security” and try to install Office 2010, because this is the new version of office tool, so the default windows firewall settings might be not support some of the files. Go to the control panel and check whether the Expression Studio which comes with office program installed or not, if installed then remove that one, this is the cause of this type of problem.