Thread: Outlook 2010 does not opens and tells to restart

Outlook 2010 does not opens and tells to restart

I have a desktop computer and I have installed office 2010 on my machine. The problem is that when I am trying to open the outlook, then I am only able to see the loading screen and a message pops up in between and says me to wait while windows is configuring Microsoft Single Image 2010. After loading for some time it says that for a restart in order to save the changes. If I click on the restart button then my computer restarts and now when I try to open my outlook 2010, than it tell me to start the outlook in the safe mode. After running the outlook in the safe mode it works fine, but the next time I open the outlook it again gives the first message. This problem is really wasting my lot of time. The version of office which I am using is upgraded from the 2007. Does anyone there have any idea related with this issue? Do help.

Re: Outlook 2010 does not opens and tells to restart

I have a solution for this problem as I have also faced the same problem on my machine with the outlook 2010. I searched a lot for getting the solution and finally after 2 days I got a solution using which I was able to solve my problem with the outlook. So I will like to suggest you the same. Open the control panel in the start. Then go to add and remove programs. Select the office 2010. In you will find two options one for removing it and the other for changing it. So click on change and enable all features. Now try to start the outlook. It will get started now without any problem. So try it out and I think after going through these steps you will be able to solve your problem.

Well for the problem I will advise you to disable the add-ons in the outlook 2010 as you have mentioned that you are able to work the application fine in the safe mode. So try to disable the add-ons using the normal method, if doing this does not solves the problem, then i will advise you to uninstall the office 2010 software. After uninstalling the software try to reboot the system and after the reboot now install the office again. Now try to check if it helps you. Hope have helped you.

I was also facing the same problem with the outlook on my machine which is running on windows XP. Even it was not getting opened on my machine. I have also tried to open in the safe mode but even this is not working in my case. I have refereed the above solution of disabling the add-ons in outlook, but even disabling the add-ons does not solve the problem. Then I tried the solution given by wiro. After doing this solution I was able to solve my problem. Now the outlook 2010 is opening properly without any problem. So thanks for the help.

I have gone through the above solution of going to control panel and clicking on the change button. But it did not make any change to the problem. After this I had tried the solution of disabling the add-ons, but even after doing this solution the problem is not getting solved out. I am really frustrated with this problem now, as it is not getting solved out. Though I will like to thank you for your kind support and is you have any different solution regarding this, then try to help me out.