Thread: With outlook 2010 the internet link does not works

With outlook 2010 the internet link does not works

I am using outlook 2010 on my computer. It was working well without any problem till yesterday, but now I am facing some problem with it. The problem is that the internet links on my outlook are not working. I have not done any changes in my outlook, so why I am facing such problem. I am using internet explorer as my browser. I have checked the internet connection with my machine and it is proper as I am able to use the internet on it. I have also tried to reset the internet explorer as the default browser, but still after doing this I am not able to solve my problem. Currently I am looking for solution in order to solve this issue. If you have any suggestion, please help. Thanks.

Re: With outlook 2010 the internet link does not works

I have solution for this particular problem, so go through the steps which I am providing here. First you will require going to the start and in the search box you have to type run and then click on OK. It will open a run window where you have to type the text” regedit”. Note that do not insert any quotes in it. After doing that you will require going through the following location- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxURL\shell\open\ddeexec. After going to this location you have to double click on default at the right panel and alone with this you will also have to clear the field of Value data. Now click on OK. Try out this solution on your machine I hope that you will be able to solve you issue.

I have tried this solution before when I was facing the same problem, but it does not make any difference in the problem. The only thing which works is that you will have to reinstall the Office 2010 and after reinstalling the outlook you will have to reset the default Browser, then restart the machine and now try to open the link in outlook. This particular solution has worked in my case, so I hope that it will work in your case as well. So try it out and give me the reply.

Have you tried to make Firefox as the default browser and then open the internet link? Is it working fine with Firefox? If you have not tried it then try it out. If you have tried it and it is working fine with the Firefox then there is some problem with your internet explorer. So for this I will advise you to reinstall the internet explore browser on you machine. After reinstalling now try to make it as the default one and see now if the link on your outlook 2010 works or not. So try it out. Hope have helped you.

I have tried to make the Firefox as the default browser and it is working fine with the Firefox. So as per you advice I have now I have reinstalled the internet explorer browser and I have made it as the default one and fortunately it is working for me. Now I am able to open the internet links on the outlook. So it had really worked for me and was a great solution. So thanks for the help.

I too am having trouble opening links in Outlook 2010. The error message reads, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well, I AM the system administrator; I'm using Outlook through my Administrative Account, since it no longer works in my regular account because of a computer crash. I'm running Windows 7, which I installed on top of the Vista my HP desktop came with, and it is giving me fits; I'm about ready to go back to XP.

Quote Originally Posted by mmth View Post
    I too am having trouble opening links in Outlook 2010. The error message reads, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well, I AM the system administrator; I'm using Outlook through my Administrative Account, since it no longer works in my regular account because of a computer crash. I'm running Windows 7, which I installed on top of the Vista my HP desktop came with, and it is giving me fits; I'm about ready to go back to XP.
    You can download a tool called Outlook Tweaker which is available free of charge for everyone and consists of the several handy Outlook enhancements. You can easily access Outlook Tweaker using Windows Start Menu in ReliefJet Essentials group. This will solve the error code that you are getting on your pc.