Thread: Cannot close Outlook 2010 properly

Cannot close Outlook 2010 properly

Hi all, I have my computer running on Windows 7 Home Premium. I am using Office professional 2010. Whenever I open Outlook and try to close it then it is not able to close that properly. It shows me message “Outlook is closing” constantly. After that I am not able to open that again. The only option left after that is to restart the computer and then only it can be opened again. Please help me guys. I will appreciate each and every helpful suggestion. Thank you.

Re: Cannot close Outlook 2010 properly

Have you checked the task manager? It is possible that the Outlook is running background and that is why it is not able to close that properly. Press alt + ctrl + del and this will open the task manager. See in application tab and if it is running there then you can highlight that by clicking on that and click on “End Task Button”. This will close that completely.

If that is not listed in the application then you should select the process tab and this will list all the processes running in the system. Search for any process named as outlook and if you find any such process then highlight that and click on End process and this will end the process. I hope that this will solve your problem.

This is the problem with the OutlookChangeNotifierAddIn.dll which is the problem and not letting the outlook to close completely. This is the bug with the office itself and I hope that this will get solve in their next release. By the time to keep aside from this issue, you need to disable the add-in and this will close the outlook properly.

Hi all, if you are facing the problem with outlook then you will be able to manage that from File > Options > Add-Ins. Follow this path and press the ‘’Go which is there at the ‘Manage COM Add-ins’ section. After that from here you will be able to disable the add-ins that you want. I recommend you to uncheck the iTunes Outlook Addin & Outlook Change Notifier. Once you are done with this then you just have to press the OK and this will save the changes. Now you are done with this.

I am also facing the similar problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with Office 2010 32bit. I cannot close the application properly once that is opened. I would like to tell that this issue started after installing the Facebook social connector. I have tried many things to solve that but that was noy helpful to me. Can you please help us?

I am also facing the similar problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with Office 2010 32bit. I cannot close the application properly once that is opened. I would like to tell that this issue started after installing the Facebook social connector. I have tried many things to solve that but that was not helpful to me. Can you please help us?

OK, as you told that the problem started when you installed the social connector for Facebook so it can be the reason for this problem. It’s very simple to check that. Just uninstall the social connector from your system and see whether it is showing you the same problem or not? If that solves the issue then you should install the updates for social connector interface and this will fix the isuue.