Thread: VLC for 64 bit Windows

VLC for 64 bit Windows

Hello friends recently I have upgraded my system to install 64 bit version of the Windows xp, which was previously having 32bit version of it. All the application are running but when I wanted to see a video through the VLC media player, I got that the VLC player was not starting and that it was showing some error saying the VLC player will support the Windows. Now this is certain that the problem is due to the change in the Windows bit version so I would want to know that is there any VLC media player that is compatible to run on the Windows xp 64 bit. I am waiting for the reply as I would want to see the movies that I have stored in my computer system that only runs on this VLC player. So please give me some instant reply for the same.

Re: VLC for 64 bit Windows

Hey I dont think so that there is any VLC media player that is specially designed to run on the 64 bit Windows. The only way to make the videos run on your computer system is by downloading a new version of the VLC media player or by updating the old version of the VLC player that you are currently having on your system. Usually it is best recommended to have 32 bit Windows version on the system because it is designed to run all the applications on it. I think that VLC 0.8.6i would be the ideal software to run on the 64 bit Windows, so you download this and see if it works for you or not. I hope this should solve your problem.

Hey I am also running Windows 64 bit version on my computer system and I don't have any kind of problem in running the movies on the VLC media player that I was having in my system when there was Windows 32 bit version. The VLC player will run on any platform with any bit version. But since you are not able to play the videos and getting error so I would reckon that you again install the VLC media player or update the software. This would certainly solve all your problem and you will be able to play the videos without any kind of problem.

Hey why don't you try the VLC 1.1.0 -pre3 media player software that has the inbuilt codes for the intel 64 bits Windows. They are specially designed for the Windows 64 bit version software and will run any kind of videos or movies using it. Using this you wont have any kind of problem as such in running the videos and you can easily download this software from the web and can also easily install it following the instruction.

Hey I am also facing the same problem with my VLC player not supporting the videos that were previously running on my system when I had Windows xp on it. But since I have upgrade the system to install Windows 7 on it I have been facing this problem of videos not supporting by the VLC player. Although I have installed the 32 bit version of Windows 7 but then also I am having this kind of problem is still a concern for me. So can any one help me know what this problem is about and what can be done to overcome this problem.

Hey why don’t you use some other kind of media players that would run on the 64 bit Windows, I think that there are many other players such as Real players, Winamp or Gom Player which will surely run the movies and the videos that you are currently having on the system with the 64 bit Windows version on it. So stop wasting time for a VLC player for the 64 bit Windows and directly go for some new players.