Thread: Office 2010 Error: "Microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working"

Office 2010 Error: "Microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working"

Hello friends, My OS is Vista an i am having the Microsoft Office 2010. I am having the problem with my Microsoft Office, whenever I try to open the Microsoft Office files application or some other related application, I get the error message that “Microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working”. I am also unable to uninstall it, whenever I try to uninstall the Microsoft office program or the Click to run option I get the same error. No other option appears that allows me to attempt to repair the file. I had been using the free trial and had purchased the full program, but this error is also not allowing me to update or install the download I purchased. Please help me.

Re: Office 2010 Error: "Microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working"

• Update the Office click-to-Run product, updates is being automatically done on to your computer system, before you update office you have to exit all your Office applications and its related content. When you download the updates for the Office, you will get the notification message, a small pop-up window that will be displayed in the notification area. But most of the updates does not require an Internet connection during the entire update process. However, if an Internet connection is required during the entire process, you will get a message letting you know that you must stay connected until the update is completed. To update it go to the office program in to that click the File tab, in that go for the Help option, and then Apply updates. The other thing is if you do disable the updates, you won't get the security or reliability updates.

Re: Office 2010 Error: "Microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working"

For uninstalling it try out the following format:
    1) First go to the start option, in that go to the control panel and in control panel go to the Programs and then go to the Programs and Features option.
    Note that do it in to the Classic view, for doing it double-click Programs and Features.
    2) After going in it click to the Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, or Microsoft Office Starter 2010.
    3) Remove any one of the above by checking in to the Check box, do one of the following: if you are looking for the MS Office settings such as Ribbon customizations, do not select the check box. OR if you does not require the MS Office settings then select the check box.
    4) Note If you want to save the Ribbon customizations but not the other Office settings, export the Ribbon customizations first (Ribbon customizations are not available in Office Starter 2010).
    5) Click Uninstall.

If you is still unable to uninstall then take the back up of the whole drive format that drive in which you had located your Windows Office 2010. this is the only solution you may have now. i think it is the virus which is distracting your system. i had seen this problem on one of my friend computer, he was also having the very similar case. he just totally formatted that whole drive for that single application. and further reinstall the Office 2010 but now it is working fine for him.

Does not restore the office because it will put simply back as it was there previously. What you do is to repair or reinstall the Office 2003 or the 2007 to fix this outlook. For that you should first have the Office 2003 or the 2007 installation disc. If you want to really re-install the office 2010, you should try to do the custom installation to retain the previous Office version or the installation of Office 2003 will remove it automatically. The conventional MSI download version is less problematic than that of the Click to Run version as it will installs the conventionally on the C drive rather than on a virtual disc.

OMFG Re: Office 2010 Error: "Microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working"

I couldn't Un-install the trial version of office 2010 and I couldn't open a word document without this error. (Previously, I had Office 2003). Finally, I found in the Program files....\commonfiles\microsoftshared\virtualizationhandler
    I was able to take this out and microsoft office14 to delete the trial version and the virtualization handler.

Here is a temporary fix... to stop the error message from appearing at start up.... go to the msconfig program, click on services and stop the handler from loading. Next, if you have an earlier version of MS Office (12) you can associate the extensions to the that version of office. In Vista, go to the control panel, choose Default Programs and reassociate the files from the handler to another program (which you can browse.) I don't know the solution to the handler issue. I bought Office 2010 and I am not happy with it. And Microsoft doesn't want to talk to you. All efforts I have made have been met with multiple layers of web pages or prices I have to pay to contact them.... I am sorry I bought Office 2010. I am now using an older version, 2007. Now my wife had Office 2010 preinstalled on her new laptop and there is no issue. So the issue seems to be installing it after the fact....hope some of this helps.

HELLO, i ve got exaltly the same problem. May I ask you , how do you repair that? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BLONDIE View Post
    HELLO, i ve got exaltly the same problem. May I ask you , how do you repair that? thank you
    There is a solution called "Fix it for me" that you can get from this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. Just scroll down to Office 2010 suits and click on it and follow the stepps. after you run it, a windows like the MSDOS pops up when you got this it takes a while but it works. Hope that helps you out.

That's what I did: installed this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and uninstalled everything. Then I went to office.com/backup and re-downloaded with my product key.

It's the run to click thing that makes this so hard. You get that when you download the trial version.