Thread: Crash Of VLC On Load Due To MKV

Crash Of VLC On Load Due To MKV

I am using the VLC player since long for the playing of the videos and all the movies that I have watched has mostly been played in the VLC player. I have used many versions of the VLC and is satisfied by what the VLC had provided to us till now. But over the past few versions the VLC's ability to play MVK files has gotten worse. And now the basic half the files which are of the MKV format are not being able to play and causing a double Visual C++ and causing a run-time error and then the VLC crashes down. Please tell me a solution for this.

Re: Crash Of VLC On Load Due To MKV

The solution for this is that you got to clear all the Cache memory and the preferences and then you got to try out to play the files of the MKV in it. The preferences always keep all the data in it and the cache is is used for the saving of the files that has been played in it. The cache is always causing the laoding of the MKV files because it keeps the track of all the files that are being played and also the previous versions of the codec files that never use to play in it.

hey i had tried out the clearing of the files that are present in the Cache and also with the preferences that are present in the VLC, but it is nothing to do with the MKV file format and still the MKV file is crashing. I don't understand what would be the main problem in it as I had also tried out with all the other file format but it was in vain. Please tell me the solution for this as it is causing me a lot of problem and tell me the solution quickly.
    Last edited by CodGuru; 27-11-2010 at 12:14 AM.

If still it is not working for you then you can send the file to the VLC support and then you have to send the Crash.dll file and send then the file format which is having the issue and then specify that after the clearing of the files of the cache memory and the preferences then to the MKV files are still not working and then to the other files are working properly and the only problem is that with the MKV file format.

Also try the other option of updating the codec file that you are using in the VLC player. It is essential for the playing of the MKV file format for the updating of the file format and also the file fomat should properly specified so that it can be supported by all the other file format to. Because it happens that whenever you try to update the codec the direct effect happens to the other file format to. So try to update the codec by the use of the internet and that through the files that are present in the official site of the VLC where the option of the updating given and just by clicking in it the codec is updated and the MKV file format can be played out easily.

I have been playing some of the files in the 720p MKV’s which that has been downloaded by as you have told me to upgrade the codec that has been used by me, but instead I just tried to download the newer version of the MKV and it can be used to play all the movies with the par quality and it works nicely with VLC. But the main problem is that I cannot get the MBP file format which can be used for the playing of the older file format that I used to play of the MKV file format. And also it is said that the VLC mainly uses the CPU for the upgrading of the MKV file formats.