Thread: Wrong album art is displayed by VLC while playing audio files

Wrong album art is displayed by VLC while playing audio files

I am using VLC player for running mu videos and now I am facing some problem with it. The problem is that when try to play any audio file in my VLC player then, though the audio does not has any associated album art with it, the VLC displays the album art from another album on my system. Instead of this i should get the orange traffic icon on the screen. What should I do now in order to solve this problem? Need help. Thanks.

Re: Wrong album art is displayed by VLC while playing audio files

The same thing also happens with from time to time. I think that we will require finding a proper solution for this particular problem. Till be do not get any solution for this the temporary work around for this problem is to delete the Art folder from the user's Home directory. In the mean while if you get any solution for the issue, then please try to post it here.

For this I problem will suggest you to update you VLC software with the latest one and if still you are facing the same problem, then try to reinstall the VLC software on you system. If even after doing this you problem is not getting solved out, then try out the above solution of deleting the art folders. I think you will be able to solve you issue with this solution.

Thanks for the reply. I have referred you solution of delete the Art folder from the user's Home directory. But I am not trying it in my system as it is not the permanent solution. I am planning to keep the problem as it is and I will be waiting for the perfect solution. So in the mean time anyone have any solution please suggest.

The Art lives in your Music Folder(hidden)all you see are are your Music Files
    I sorted mine out by going open your Music Folder go to tools then folder options then the view tab change settings
    (Show Hidden Files)
    1(Untick box hide exstensions)
    2(Untick box hide protected operating system files)
    3Then before closing folder options Apply changes
    Then go to your Music Folder you must change view details to thumbnails to see the art and scroll down till you see the album art that you keep seeeing when you play music through your VLC Player and delete it
    Then change settings back in folder options and that will sort it out ( Sorted mine out
    Last edited by sweet memories; 10-10-2011 at 12:06 PM.

surensach Guest

Just get a fresh copy or Update it ..! and Sweet Memories Said Some idea which sounds new to me can u please try it out ..And tell us how that went ?

Put vlc on my pc ( Windows XP)down stairs and same problem so done same thing as above and it solved problem with seeing same (it was the same art work as 1st pc)
    Also i went into vlc tools prefrences and interface and scrolled down to bottom and changed album art download policy to when track starts playing
    Hope it helps you you could always delete art work and if it dont work go into recycle bin and click restore