Thread: VLC 1.1.4 crashes on Windows 7 while playing CD

VLC 1.1.4 crashes on Windows 7 while playing CD

I am having Dell laptop with the windows 7, which is specified with the 3GB RAM And the 320GB Hard disk drive along with the Intel core 2 duo processor. Having the VLC media player with version 1.1.4 and this is in the machine from few times year. It does not give me any problem till now, but yesterday it encountered a problem while I tried to play a movie CD. The player suddenly freezes. And I have to stop that one from the background, the disk is a new one, there is no scratch, then why it happens. Another issue is that while I tried to download any audio file from internet, not able to download and paly directly with the VLC player. Is there any having any idea on this or know any fix for this problem? Any suggestion provide me.

Re: VLC 1.1.4 crashes on Windows 7 while playing audio CD

Try to play the files from CD in some other way, open the player graphical interface and then click on file menu bar option, select the open option it will directs you to locate the file(s) from the path location from where you are willing to play the files in the player. Select the single or fist file and click on play or open. And now add the rest files in the playlist; it will play one after one in sequence. Make sure that the repeat option is enabling, to check that one go to the preference window and look for the repeat option. If that one disable then make it enable and click on OK. Try by this process, this will easily play all the files from the CD and I don’t think so it will freeze. Also you can do one more thing, copy and paste all the files from the CD and then play the files.

As per my knowledge this is for the graphic driver issue, if you are trying to play any video file. So there is only one solution for this type problem. Update the graphic driver. The graphical interface that you are having in your machine might be not compatible with the machine, might be for the out dated. Before that let me know is this problem happens first time with nay CD? Because if this happens anytime while you are insert any CD in the ROM drive, then this should be the drive issue. And to fix that you need to also update the driver of the drive. So update that one go to device manager tab and look for the drive option, expand the tab and right click on the driver name and then click to the update option. The system reboot will require after the driver update. Restart the machine and play the same file from CD that you tried earlier, this time you will not found any problem with the play of file. I had the similar issue and after the same process the problem is overcome, so I suggest you to do this, it will surely help you.

I think this is the player normal issue; close the player and discard the CD from the ROM drive and reboot the machine. After that again reinsert the CD into the disk drive and make sure that the autoplay option is enable and it appearing in your screen after the insertion. In the pop up window of autoplay option you will see “Play the files in VLC”, select that option; this will play the files under the CD with the VLC media player. I think by this you will able to play the files. Or there is another way go to my computer and right click on the CD/DVD ROM drive, it will with the changed name with the name of the disk that you insert in the drive. Choose the explore option, will open the folder with the contained files, select the file or select the first file those are present in the disk, right click on the selected file or files and select the open the file with VLC. If you select the single file then select the rest of the files and add them in the playlist of the player. I also facing the similar problem while trying to play the files whether the audio or video from CD/DVD, and by this process I am able to play the files without any interruption.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

It sounds like simply the audioCDbug, some of the disk will not support with the windows port and for this type problem that you mentioned in your post will occur, either the machine will freeze or the player will freeze. Which is sometimes happens with the most versions of VLC media player. You can disable the CDDB in the VLC media player application for that go to Preferences under the tool menu option and then proceed to Network or privacy interaction option and check the option which is named as "Manual download only", it will allow you to play the audio file directly from the internet. Along with that look for the fetching option, this will also applicable to play the file directly from the internet. I am sure that it will definitely help you.