Thread: Could not access the folder location in outlook 2003

Could not access the folder location in outlook 2003

I have recently purchased a new machine which have the configuration of windows 7 operating system, Intel i3 processor, 2 GB RAM, 320 GB hard disk and also I have recently installed the outlook 2003 version. Which in use to access the mails from the hotmail. I was using outlook in the last system which I have changed by this system I have mentioned above. I am using outlook connector to connect the hotmail from when it is released. But today I suddenly got an error when I was trying to view inbox or any folder from the hotmail and also outlook unable access the specified folder location and also unable to display the folder. Can anybody suggest me what is the problem and why I am getting this error to access the folder from the hotmail?

Re: Could not access the folder location in outlook 2003

There are many possibilities of getting an error like you are getting which is related to the outlook. So I think check out all the things which I am describing below:
    • I think this error is occurring due to the damage in the .ost file and .pst files so check this and try to recover the damaged files and see if you are getting the solution or not.
    • The files you are trying to access through the outlook might not be available to that location which you want to access.
    • Also those file might be protected from the password so that you are not able to access those files.
    • I think the file you are trying to access might be on the server or that particular file might be shared that folder with some other network and the network is down.
    • So check out these things and see if you are now able to get the solution or not.

I think this problem you are getting with the outlook is might be the outlook connector is corrupted so I think you need to download the latest version of the outlook connector and then try to install that fresh outlook connector. After downloading this new outlook connector just try to add the msn account with this latest outlook connector. I think this resolve the issue you are getting with the outlook. So try using the above mentioned description so that you will be able to access the folder you wanted.

I think there is some fault in the operating system you are using that might be 64 bit version so that it might be not supporting to the outlook you are using in the system. So I would like to suggest you to reinstall the operating system after checking the bit version of the OS and also remove the outlook and install the outlook 2010 as it is the latest version and probably you will be able to get the desired solution and can be able to get access the folder you want to access. Try doing in order to get the desired solution.