Thread: How to use outlook scandisk.pst repair tool.

How to use outlook scandisk.pst repair tool.

I am using windows live in the laptop which I have got form the Company where I am working I have also installed the outlook 2007 in the laptop. Actually the problem is that yesterday, I was doing a few cleaning job into the mailbox of the outlook behind a week away from the workplace while taking care of my people and I unexpectedly find myself not capable to shift e-mail from the inbox into folders which I have created for the emails.. Resuming Outlook or even rebooting did not work to get the solution of the problem. In spite of the sleep deficit, I straight away supposed that these things are occurred because some of the .pst or .ost file might have been corrupted. One of my friend have suggested to get the outlook scandisk.pst repair tool which will help me to get out of this problem so I have downloaded the tool but now have no idea how to use it . Please anybody help me so that I will be able to use the tool to get the desired solution.

Re: How to use outlook scandisk.pst repair tool.

This tool helps you to get the recovery of the corrupted .pst file and .ost file. To get all the folders and items from your corrupted .pst or .ost file you need to follow the following steps:
    • First thing you have to do is just run the outlook scandisk.pst repair tool to diagnose and repair errors.
    • After this Recover the repaired items to start the recovery you have to create a new private Folders which will be there for the (.pst) file admission in your profile. After this you can shift the recovered stuff to your fresh private Folders (.pst) file.
    • This will help you to use the outlook scandisk.pst repair tool so try using the steps hope this will help you to get the idea how to use this tool.

Outlook scandisk.pst repair tool can be used in such a way which I am describing below:
    1. First you have to specify the path of the .pst file for which this tool will work to recover if you have only one path then the path will be automatically will be specified in the address bar.
    2. In the second step the tool will ask you a question “Do you wish to start recovery?” as soon as you will see the question just click on the yes button to start the recovery of the corrupted .pst files.
    3. In the third step you will have to enter the path of the recovered files to the new folder where these recovered files will be stored.
    4. In step four you will have to select the method for saving the recovered Microsoft Outlook data you can choose the one method from the two ways described below:
      • As a pst file
      • As separate files (.eml, .vcf and .txt)
    5. In the fifth step you have to save the data which you the tool has recovered by clicking on the save button of the tool after clicking the save button tool will start saving the recovered data.

Thanks as you all have suggested me the way of using the tool which I want to recover the data from the corrupted files which I wanted to recover using this tool but the problem was I was unknown of how to use this tool I have done the way you have suggested and got the solution for the issue I was having. Thanks for the solution from all of you.