Thread: Canon MX860 printer does not print from MS Excel 2003 ?

Canon MX860 printer does not print from MS Excel 2003 ?

I have got an assembled desktop system which I bought around one and a half year ago , I use Windows 7 operating system . I have got a Canon Pixma mx860 printer as well .I bought this printer six months back , it prints the normally but comes out with an issue when worked with MS Office, Microsoft excel in particular. It works fine when printed with word and other Office products. can any one please guide me why it is not printing when it comes to Excel.

Re: Canon MX860 printer does not print from MS Excel 2003 ?

Check your printer setup in Windows :
    Printing from your computer is primarily controlled by settings in Windows. Determine whether your printer setup in Windows is correct by using the Windows Print Troubleshooter.

• On the Windows Start menu, click Help.
    • Click Contents, and click Files and Printers.
    • Click Printing, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooting topic.

Check the Microsoft Excel printer settings If the Windows printer setup looks correct, check the Excel printer settings to make sure that the selected printer matches the printer you're using.On the File menu, click Print, and then click the name of the printer you want in the Name box under Printer.ShowExcel prints only a portion of my worksheet.
    Check whether a print area is defined If the worksheet contains a print area (print area: One or more ranges of cells that you designate to print when you don't want to print the entire worksheet. If a worksheet includes a print area, only the print area is printed.), Excel prints only the print area. To determine whether your worksheet contains a print area, click Page Break Preview on the View menu. The area of the worksheet that appears with a white background is the area that is printed.
    ShowExcel prints too many rows or columns
    Define a print area
    • On the View menu, click Page Break Preview.
    • Select the area you want to print.
    • On the File menu, point to Print Area, and then click Set Print Area.
    • When you save the document, your print area (print area: One or more ranges of cells that you designate to print when you don't want to print the entire worksheet. If a worksheet includes a print area, only the print area is printed.) selection is also saved.

First of all check whether the Print to file option in the printer box is selected or not. Then check the settings with the printer's setting , and you will also have to check the Excel printer settings to ensure that the printer you have selected must be matched with the printer attached with the system i.e your Canon printer. If not follow the instructions , on the file menu , click the print command and from the available options select the name of the printer in the box which appears under the printer. give your update on this and reply whether it worked or not.

Well I too can suggest a solution but not sure , Instead of the file menu I will ask you to click on the Network menu , and see whether the drivers are installed or not, but there is one doubt , if the drivers are really missing , then the printer will not work with the other office products as well such as MS word , But still there will be no harm if you uninstall the currently installed drivers and reinstall them the cd that would have come along with the printer. trust me I had the same issue, the documents from my excel sheets were too not printing. It worked for me, but do not know the reason how it did.