Thread: OVI Suite not recognizing Nokia device

OVI Suite not recognizing Nokia device

I have installed Nokia OVI Suite version 2.2.0.245 and I am trying to sync my Nokia 5800 mobile phone but I am having different problems getting on the OVI Suite to distinguish my device. For the most part, when the program will arise with a message promoting that "Please change the USB mode on your device to OVI Suite (or PC Suite) USB Mode". Now, I am already in PC Suite mode but I still cut off the USB (Universal Serial Bus) cable and join it again, choosing the PC Suite mode again on my device. This does not alter anything as I still get the similar error message. When I do not get the same error message, I am trying to sync my messages. I am running windows Vista, and my Nokia 5800 has the most recent firmware installed V 31.2.101. I do not recognize if this is a well-known issue and anyone knows how to solve this issue. Please do help me.

Re: OVI Suite not recognizing Nokia device

You must try to do this I believe that this solution will solve your problem you must try this solution on your device.
    1. Detach your mobile phone from system if joined.
    2. Open Control Panel option and go to ‘Programs and Features’
    3. From the record of existing programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
    4. Press on the ‘Change’ key on above of the toolbar.
    5. In the setup dialog box that pops up then next, choose the ‘Repair’ option and select OK. Hang around for setup to get finished.
    6. Restart the system if it is prompted.
    7. Now attach your phone to the PC. Driver installation should complete and PC/Ovi suite (hopefully) should detect your mobile properly now.

After reinstalling the cable driver, Nokia OVI Suite is currently recognizing the mobile phone. I am able to sync my messages and my contacts from my OVI suite, but I am finding that OVI Suite is crashing a lot on my device. This is mainly like several other not related issues which almost certainly generate a separate post but the trouble with the same program is not distinguishing the mobile phone that seem to be resolved.

If you are facing the problem of OVI suite on your system then you may try to download the OVI suite from the official site of the Nokia from where you can easily able to get the new version of the Nokia OVI suite. I hope this will help you to solve your problem and by this will get the fresh version of the OVI suite. Here is the link of the OVI suite