Thread: Office starts to reinstall when I click on the word document

Office starts to reinstall when I click on the word document

Hello friends I am having this very irritating kind of problem since last week, as whenever I try to open any Office document I am getting this very unusual error. When I double click on Ms Word, the entire Ms Office starts to reinstall and it takes a really long time to get installed completely. After the installation is complete and I click on the same document it gets opened this time around. Now this kind of problem is having at every instant when I try opening any Office document. Can someone help me to recover from this problem as it consumes allot of my time and I am not able to complete my work on time.

Re: Office starts to reinstall when I click on the word document

Hey why don’t you reinstall a fresh copy of the Ms Office software onto your computer system. I think that the current version of the Office software might have got corrupted and that is why you are currently facing this issue. Installing a new version of the Office software will certainly solve your problem. Also, before installing the new version of the software I would request you to completely remove the files of your old version of the version, or else it might cause problems with the new version of it.

Hey before reinstalling the program I would like to tell you that you should use the Windows CleanUp uitility to clear all the files of your previous version of the Ms Office software. Since the files might be located at various places so it will cause the same problem with the new version of the software that you are looking forward to install. This software looks up registry references and files related to Windows that were installed by various programs, and forcibly wipes invalid entries out. It works in all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows. So its better to take precaution from the very beginning.

Hey I also been through similar sort of experience and after searching various solution I found one that gradually helped me. The first thing you have to do is to uninstall the Ms office software that you are currently using , then go into my computer, C:/ Drive and select program files. In that go to the Ms Office and delete what ever you find inside it, also in the Microsoft shared folder you must clear any thing that you get. I then again reinstalled the same copy and opened my documents again and I was very happy to see that my problem was solved.

Hey I have got the solution for this problem, this solution worked for me and I hope that it will surely work for you. You have to start your computer system in a safe mode and then go to C Drive from the My computer option and then select Program files. In the Office folder you have to locate a file called normal.dot and delete it. The next time when you open the word document in the normal mode, Word will create a new copy of this and will directly open the document instead of reinstalling the software.