Thread: Blank word document opens while opening original document

Blank word document opens while opening original document

Hello friends i have got this unusual problem with my Office 07, I have various word documents saved in My Document folders that has data in it. Now, whenever I try to open this document by double clicking on it, the document opens but along with that one blank word document also gets opened. Then I have to close the blank document and resume with my work. At first I taught that this was a normal problem so I didn't bothered but now I have to make the blank document close each and every time as this problem is happening whenever I try to open the word document. Please someone help me to overcome this problem.

Re: Blank word document opens while opening original document

Hey I would like to ask you that, are you getting the same problem while opening any other document like excel, powerpoint etc. If yes than I suppose there is a problem withe Office that you are currently using on your computer. So if have still not tried this option then I would suggest you to do so and then see what happens. If you are only getting the problem with the word document then you while opening the original document you copy the entire contents of it into a new document then save that document. Now open the document and see if it solves your problem, if it does then make this change in every other word document that you have. I hope it solve your problem as this solution worked for me.

I think that this kind of problem is usually solved by installing the fresh copy of the Ms Office 07 as I think that this copy might have got corrupted and that is why you are getting this unusual problem. So if you are not left with any option and still you are getting the same error, I would reckon you to reinstall a fresh version of the Ms Office software. I hope you understand the problem.

hey I have tried opening other documents as well as got to know that this kind of problem is happening only in Ms Word. I tried opening the Excel document and others as well but they are all working very fine and I am only getting the single original document. I have tried copying the contents of the document in which I am getting this problem into other document but then also, I am getting the same error. I don't have the other setup of this software so can anyone help me to solve this problem manually.

Hey I have got the solution to overcome this kind of problem, this usually happens when there is a change in the default setting of the Microsoft document that you are currently using. You can follow this simple approach to solve this problem.
    Firstly, Click on Start and go to Search programs and files, after that you must type this "winword /r"..This will reset the default setting for Word 2007
    Also, if some one facing the same problem with the Ms Excel the follow the same approach and instead of "winword /r" type "winexcel /o". This will also reset the default setting and you will not face any further problems.

You can also use this approach if you are unable to get rid of your problem in any case.
    Click on the Start menu, Go to My Computer and then click on the Organize menu on the top left hand corner to select Folder and Search Options
    Now Go to the View tab, and select the option Show hidden file, folders and drivesand then click on OK
    After that Go to the following locations on the computer then delete all the contents for the specified folders:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\STARTUP
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
    This will solve your problem of the Ms Office

Quote Originally Posted by $tatic View Post
    You can also use this approach if you are unable to get rid of your problem in any case.
    Click on the Start menu, Go to My Computer and then click on the Organize menu on the top left hand corner to select Folder and Search Options
    Now Go to the View tab, and select the option Show hidden file, folders and drivesand then click on OK
    After that Go to the following locations on the computer then delete all the contents for the specified folders:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\STARTUP
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
    This will solve your problem of the Ms Office
    $tatic, I did what you said and it worked perfectly. One thing I would suggest for any other illiterate computer people like myself: My computer has two different "Program Files" folders. One is simply "Program Files" and the other is "Program Files x64"). Do what $tatic suggests in both of those files. I found the problem files in the "Program Files" folder, not the "Program Files x64" folder.

Good luck.