Thread: Microsoft Office 2010 setup not working

Microsoft Office 2010 setup not working

I am student of Degree College and I have to prepare a project for my examination and I am having problem with Microsoft Office 2010. I have already used Microsoft office 7 and no issue with that but now I wanted to upgrade my office application and want to use office 10 as it has some extra and advanced applications in it. For installation of MS office 2010 I had remove Microsoft Office 7 but the problem is when I tried to install Microsoft Office 2010 then it’s give me error “Microsoft Office 2010 Setup Problem”. My operating system is windows 7 home premium. So please help me out for this, I want to do project as soon as possible. And also want to know what the advantages of office 10 are and what is the system requirement for that?

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 setup not working

As per my knowledge you system is Right for Microsoft Office 2010 because it doesn’t required any extra application or hardware requirement. do some steps ,first click on the downloaded Office 2010 setup file then click on Properties button then choose the Compatibility tab. Uncheck all the options displayed on the Compatibility tab and make sure the same is applied to ‘Change settings for all users’ option at the underside. Then try to install again and check .If still facing the same problem then check registry, all evidence of MS office2007 is removed or not if they are not removed properly then removed it manually and then try to install MS office 10.

I can understand your problem, I would like to tell you some steps To resolve this issue, verify the data of value for Application Data in the registry. For this, follow the steps in the system that applies to your operating system.
    If you are using for Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
    1. Click on Start button then in the Start Search box you have to type regedit.exe.
    2. In the list of programs, right-click on regedit.exe, and then click option Run as administrator. In case it demands for an administrator password or for verification, type the password or click Continue to give verification.
    3. Now click registry sub key
    4. HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    5. In the information pane of Registry Editor, place and right-click AppData, and then click Modify.
    6. In the box of Value data, type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming, and then click on OK.

Close Registry Editor Window.
    Now run the install button of Microsoft Office 2010 and check. Hope it will work for you.

As per my knowledge this issue might happen if there is a wrong setting in one of the following registry sub keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders. Or in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders .
    To have us repair this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To fix this problem yourself, click on the "Let me fix it myself" section. Remember that This Fix it package can automatically pick up all the registry entries that are programmed in the following tables.

You are right by choosing office 10 because its more advance than office 7 and also have the more extra application in it. I would also like to tell you some major benefits of the office 10 that are as follows:
    1. Benefit from the familiar Office knowledge from more locations and more devices
    2. Convey your ideas more visually
    3. Achieve more when working collectively.
    4. Right to use work across devices and platforms
    5. Get things complete more rapidly and easier
    6. Get your message out directly
    7. Store and follow all your ideas and notes in single position
    8. Distribute great volumes of electronic mail with simplicity.
    9. Gener ate visuals and powerful data insights.
    10. Maintain your business moving forward and allow employees to work offline.

As per my experience this problem can be fixing automatically by the system. To fix this problem automatically, click on the Fix it link then Click on Run in the File Download dialog box, and then go after the steps in the Fix it wizard. This wizard might exist in English only; however, the automatic fix also useful for additional language versions of Windows. If you are not in front of the computer then save the Fix it solution in to CD or in to a pen drive and then run it on the computer and try to install.