Thread: Steps for genuine activation of Microsoft office 2007

Steps for genuine activation of Microsoft office 2007

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system on my desktop. I was using Microsoft office 2003 for preparing the office documentation. Now Microsoft Company has released a new version of office 2007 setup. I want to change my office 2003 to office 2007. I want to know the installation steps of office 2007 and also how to activate it. Also what are the features of office 2007 over office 2003?

Re: Steps for genuine activation of Microsoft office 2007

Suppose that you have purchased the CD of Microsoft office 2007 and you want to install it so that you can use the advanced features provided by Microsoft. You need to follow the below steps to install it.
    1. Uninstall the previous version of Microsoft office if you have and exit all the programs.
    2. Insert the CD of Microsoft office 2007 into the CD drive. Click on X12-30307.exe file and click on run button to start the installation.
    3. Then a window of Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 begins to install. A window appears which will ask for the product key for full version of installation. If you want to get the product key then you need to Microsoft office website. If you want a trial version then you don’t have to enter the product key.
    4. To continue the installation of office 2007 you need to accept its license agreement. After accepting the license agreement the installation will begin. After finishing the installation system will ask you to reboot. Click on reboot to restart the system and check the start menu. You will find Microsoft office 2007 installed on your system.

After the installation of Microsoft office 2007 you need to activate it. To activate the Microsoft office 2007 you need to follow the below steps:
    • You need to go to start/programs/Microsoft office 2007 and then select any of the office programs.
    • You will see the office activation wizard in the opened office program. Open the activation wizard and click on activate button to activate it.
    • Click on send button to send your information to Microsoft licensing server. When your information will be verified by the Microsoft licensing server then activation complete page appears. The activation of office has been done and you don’t need to update in the future. Click on finish button.

I am having Microsoft office installed on my laptop. I have also configured my MS outlook 2007 for my email account. While using outlook 2007 last night I was facing problem. I was not able to access my email account and the outlook window was freezing. I restarted my system and then tried again but nothing was working. I want a solution for troubleshooting outlook 2007 so that I can access my email account.

You can send and receive email by outlook. For sending and receiving email you need to setup outlook very easily. Open the outlook and select account settings from the tools menu. In the account settings window select email tab and then click on new button. Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click on next button to proceed further. Under the new email account window select Internet E-mail and then click on next button. In the new email account window you need to enter the following information i.e. Name, Email Address, Account Type: POP3, Incoming mail server, Outgoing mail server: SMTP, user name and password. Now click on more settings. Click on outgoing server tab and check on the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Then select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” and click on advanced tab. set the Incoming Server port number to 110 and outgoing server port number to 587. Click on ok, then click on next and click on finish button.

If you are using Microsoft outlook 2007 for accessing email account and you want that your outlook 2007 should open a specific email profile then you need to follow the below steps to configure it.
    1. Go to Start/Run.
    2. Enter the following command “control panel”in the open box and press enter.
    3. If you are using a 64 bit version of windows then double click on View 32-bit Control Panel in the control panel. After double clicking you will see Mail icon.
    4. Click on Mail icon to open the mail setup dialog box.
    5. When the mail setup dialog box open then click on Show Profiles. In the general tab under when starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile you need to select on profile and then click on always use this profile.
    6. In the always use this profile list window select the profile that your outlook should open and then click on ok button. Now the outlook will always open the selected email.