Thread: Can't download Anti-Virus Software

Can't download Anti-Virus Software

Hello All! My sister has a computer with Windows Vista Premium. Her computer was recently infected with a malware called "Security Tool." The only way I could remove it was to restore her computer to a month back before she got infected. Everything is okay now.

Only problem is that I'm trying to download a McAfee anti-virus cd that we bought at Wal-Mart, but it won't download! The computer will recognize the cd, ask us if we want to trust the source and we say yes. Then we click on the little box to run the program, but nothing happens. What can we do? I've even tried going to run and doing it that way, or to my computer and opening the cd that way, but it won't go past the run command. The cd-rom drive is working fine.

What could be the problem? She's also having problems removing an old Norton anti-virus software that came with the computer and some other kind of security software that came with it too. Are these problems linked?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Can't download Anti-Virus Software

Well I think that you must have mailed the issue that you are having with the McAfee to the McAfee Tech Support and ask them the reason for this. You have bought the Software and I do not find any reason why are you not able to get it downloaded. Regarding the Norton Antivirus I think that you will be required to have the Norton Removal Tool in your case so that you can get rid of the Norton Antivirus. For the Norton Removal Tool here is the link: DOWNLOAD NORTON REMOVAL TOOL. Try this and let me know if you got rid of the Norton. In addition to all this please make sure that you have only one antivirus at a time. Please talk to the McAfee and let me know if you were able to have the Antivirus for you.

have you tried Norton Antivirus? I am currently using this application. it protects PC from any kind of virus threat at all times.

Rosendo2 Guest

Try to backup all files you have and reformat your computer. That the only way you can fix your computer. Remember to install your Internet Security (Antivirus) which will protect you from that virus again.