Thread: OpenSuSE 11 is not free any longer

OpenSuSE 11 is not free any longer

It seems that Novell is not offering SuSE for free anymore. What is the deal In between these? I loved the information that Linux was free at the present they are charging 2000rs for it along with free shipping. Is this going to be the new plan for Linux Distros? I acquainted with Linux is getting more popular every day, servers, home use, Eee PC but I have always been told that Linux users fill concerning 2% of the Operating System market. So who is going to purchase OpenSuSE 11.0 for 2000rs?

Re: OpenSuSE 11 is not free any longer

Nearly everyone of the larger Linux builds have a contribution service for tech support but offer a free downloadable that does not come along with live support or a printed manual. Seeing how Suse 11 rc1 is obtainable as a free download I see in your mind's eye it will continue to exist for free. So if you guys have any further information related to this then post it over here.

I look forward so for the reason that when you go to downloads SuSE 11.0 is not accessible. Newest one for free download is OpenSuSE 10.3. The link does not accurately advertise it as a customer support subscription either. Maybe that’s the part of their marketing scheme, to obtain people new to Linux to pay for OpenSuSE since they do not be acquainted with if free. I do not know, that would not make sense for the reason that most people hear about Linux from someone who is already using it and they will always say "it’s free".

I have read all the post which is given over here and regarding this I just want t saythatthings get change here. I do not be familiar with, but there has been both free and pay for support for a long time, I believe I purchased Suse 2.0 or something in conclusion got around to throwing away the manuals.

I should point out that under the GPL they are wanted to give it, so do not be anxious. RedHat Enterprise Linux is a commercial linux that you are able to only obtain by paying, on the other hand like everybody else they are legally bound to publish the source code and create it accessible to anybody that wants it. Enter CentOS, which is not anything but it is more than RedHat Enterprise Linux along with the redhat trademarks and logos removed. You are able to acquire CentOS anyplace and it is totally and completely identical to RHEL in every way. If Novell ever did the similar thing with SuSE, there would be a replica of it overnight made obtainable for nothing. That is the beauty of the GPL, if you take without giving back; you leave yourself open to being beaten over the head with it.