Thread: How to hide the mouse cursor while playing the movie in the VLC full screen?

How to hide the mouse cursor while playing the movie in the VLC full screen?

I have the issue with the VLC player that I am having with me. I have the Windows 7 as the operating system on the desktop of mine. Well that is fine, I was using the VLC Player 1.1.0 and everything was really smooth. When I tried to upgrade the VLC player of mine I found one minor issue there. I have noticed that the mouse cursor is always visible on the program window of the VLC when it is running in the full screen mode. Now the thing is that when I have upgraded the VLC to the VLC v 1.1.2 and from that day I am experiencing the issue. I will be happy if you all can help me rectify the issue so that I can have the things running in the proper manner. Please help me guys and please help me well.

Re: How to hide the mouse cursor while playing the movie in the VLC full screen?

I think that you will be required to uninstall the VLC Player and then you will be required to have that installed again. I am pretty sure that the previous files that were in the directory are causing you the issue and if you are able to tackle the issue there in the folder of the previous installation then I think that you will be able to have the cursor hidden in the FULL SCREEN mode of the VLC. Please uninstall the VLC v 1.1.2 from the control panel and then delete the files from the installation folder and then again retry with the installation. Hope that you will get rid of the cursor that you are viewing at the program Window of the VLC. Please let me know if the reinstallation helped you in any manner.

Re: How to hide the mouse cursor while playing the movie in the VLC full screen?

Just see if the following helps:
    • First of all enlarge the Movie manually using the MOUSE
    • While enlarging the MOVIE please see that you leave some space at the bottom.
    • After you are finished up with the above two steps successfully you can set the background to black. Now if you have selected the HIDDEN option in the setting then you will see that the mouse will hide and if not then you will see that the mouse will be stuck there and you will have to make the necessary changes in the settings.
    • Place the mouse there and let me know if that hides the mouse.

Well uninstalling the VLC player and reinstalling the player is also somewhat soundful to go with.

Are you using some sort of the skins? I have seen the similar issue with the auto hiding of the mouse cursor with the VLC and the version of the player that I was using was the v1.1.4 and I was having the Windows 7 32 – bit on the system. I was using the skins for the VLC and then I found that was the core reason for the issue that I was having with this player. I eventually disabled the custom skin for the VLC that I was using and then and then I enabled the native style and now everything is really working fine with the Player and the Mouse. When the Screen is enlarged I have seen that the mouse hides when places on the screen of the VLC. Hope that you will have the thing in this manner.

I would rather suggest you to have the latest version of the VLC player downloaded and then see if that can help you here. As I have seen that you have just switched for the upgrade then I think that it will be nice if you can have the latest version in the kitty of yours. Here is the link for the same and let me know if the latest version of the software can really help you in bringing the change there. You can have the VLC 1.1.5 from this link and then let me know if you can see the cursor getting invisible: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html.

It will be really nice if you can change the time or the speed with which the Cursor hides on the VLC in the Full Screen Mode. For doing so you will be required to see the steps below:
    1. First click on the Show All radio button that is in the bottom left corner.
    2. After that you will be required to choose the "Video" category.
    3. Once the above steps are achieved you can search for the option - Hide cursor and fullscreen controller after x milliseconds
    4. Once you locate that you can just change the time to the limit that you desired for and then you will see that the cursor hides in that time.

Please let me know if that really helped in this situation.