Thread: How to install KX driver?

How to install KX driver?

I was running windows 2000 on my previous computer as well as purchase an Audigy 2 OEM card. I don't be familiar with the accurate model, I presently be familiar with it is an Audigy 2 as well as I bought it OEM. It come through a CD, driver, the entire thing worked pretty fine.I decided on the way to revolve to kX as a last resort. I go all the way through the first part of the installation, after that ensure the "install kX driver" make sure box as well as click Finish. I click install on the new dialog, select ok at the first screen, however after that it goes straightforwardly on the way to the VST selection screen. No driver installs dialog or else nothing. I after that click cancel in view of the fact that I have no VST, the next dialog state everything has been installed, etc. apart from at what time I restart, no driver is installed. kX is there, other than if I attempt starting up the mixer, it state I don't contain the driver installed.
    Here are my full system specsification:
    Intel D865PERL board
    3.0GHz P4 w/ HT
    1024mb ram
    Audigy 2 OEM
    Running Windows XP SP2, all latest updates.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: How to install KX driver?

There be supposed to be a number of indication of the model number printed on the card. i.e. Identifying a Creative Products Model Number
    The serial number be able to usually be used on the way to recognize the exact model as well.I am not certain how much assist moreover method will be by means of an OEM model, however you be able to give it a attempt.
    There is no assurance that kX will work by means of your card particularly without knowing the model number, however make certain that you are demanding the latest version of kX currently 3538m, as it supports more models compare to some previous version.

Thanks for the help.I attempted 3538m as well as the install went effortlessly. It properly accepted my card as well as installed the appropriate driver. Turns out the card is a SB0400 it seems that an Audigy 2 Value. As a result I restart, however the similar message comes regarding not being able on the way to initialize device, bad drivers, etc. at the moment I can't still uninstall the kX drivers. Windows totally freezes at what time I attempt to. I have run the kx uninstaller, however the driver did not get uninstalled. I as well tried in safe mode, as well as even by physically removing the card. Every time, windows presently freezes in the lead unnistall attempt or else kX drivers come back when I boot back up.I as well attempt installing Creative drivers. Same freeze-up at what time it tries to "update windows driver".

subsequent to additional messing around by means of Driver Cleaner in safe mode, uninstalling, cleaning, and resinstalling a variety of drivers several times, I'm starting on the way to imagine my card is dead/dying .I managed on the way to install the creative driver, furthermore as well allow windows load its own default driver. In cooperation of which consequence in pretty a great deal the similar thing as kX, I obtain the following "device status" in device manager:"Windows cannot load the device driver intended for this hardware. The driver might be corrupted or else missing.Click Troubleshoot on the way to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Install the card in my new celeron-based Dell, worked similar to a charm by means of creative drivers. I had my answer so I didn't attempt kX.As a result something is wrong through my computer. May possibly there be several conflicts? My onboard card is disabling in BIOS. Is there any additional application in addition to DriverCleaner which I could run on the way to attempt as well as clear out everything? Anything else I should check?
    At the same time as running CL's setup, I obtain the "driver not signed, continue anyways or not". I click continue anyways, however is this normal? I think Creative's drivers would be signed? Moreover, the setup hangs intended for about 15minute at what time it says "Updating windows drivers" previous to it completes. I'm actually stuck here. Can't observe at all what the trouble could possibly be.

I have the same opinion so as to a clean reinstall of Windows can be a royal headache, however you have already spent 4 days trying to figure this out. Attempt disabling any anti-virus as well as firewall software even as performing the installation.Make use of msconfig or else a startup manager on the way to disable some programs that automatically start by means of Windows.Try resetting your computer's BIOS on the way to its default setting.Try altering some BIOS settings so as to you imagine may have a consequence.Maybe attempt re-applying SP2.Maybe attempt an in-place upgrade of Windows.