Thread: My system is crashing down due to driver cleaner

My system is crashing down due to driver cleaner

I am using a laptop running windows XP Os on it. I have downloaded the driver cleaner software and have tried to use it on my machine. I restarted the machine and running it in safe mode i tried to run the driver cleaner software. After doing this clean up when i tried to restart my system, then i founded that my system started crashing down with the blue screen. I have tried to restart the system several times, but the same thing is happening again and again. Does anyone have any solution for this problem? Please try to help me so that i can come out on this problem. I will be really thankful to you if you do this. Please help. Thanks.

Re: My system is crashing down due to driver cleaner

I have a nice solution for this problem. I will advise you to go through the following steps.
    1. First i will advise you to go to control panel and uninstall the ATI drivers and ATI Control one by one.
    2. Now try to download a fresh copy of the driver cleaner again.
    3. Then try to reboot the system in the safe mode and try to clean all the unnecessary drivers from the system.
    4. Also try to remove all the files from the recycle bin if any file is present there.
    5. Now try to restart the system. If you do this then booting your system will ask you to look for drivers.
    6. Now you need to allow it to search for the driver and after the search is completed now try to download the driver.
    7. After downloading is completed try to install the driver and reboot the system again.

I hope that this will definitely solve your problem.

I have referred your post. I was trying to go through your solution and i founded that you have mentioned between the steps to reboot the system in the safe mode, so my problem is that i do not know how to reboot the system in the safe mode. So can you please provide me the method to do this so that i can try this solution for solving my issue? I will also like to thank you for your king support. Please do remember to help me out for the above query.

I forgot to mention the method for doing that, so i am trying to provide it here. First you will require restarting the system and during the start up you will require to press and the F8 key on your keyboard. Try to press it multiple times. Doing this will open a window, where you will require to choose Safe Mode option. Once you do that now your system will start in safe mode. So try the solution which i have provided to you and let me know if you have any success regarding this problem. Hope that it will help to you.

I was also facing the same problem on my system, but after trying the solution which you have provided above i was able to solve my problem. My system is back to the normal now and it is not crashing any more. The solution which you have provided was really a nice one. So finally i would like to give my thanks to you for your kind support.